Vote Rating
    jep will become famous soon enough jep will become famous soon enough

Default This forum versus Q&A (versus Premium Support)

This forum versus Q&A (versus Premium Support)

I just posted this

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...owser&p=647050

was left with a dilemma. I thought when the Sencha Touch: Q&A forum rolled out, this would stop being the forum to post asking questions. Is it going to continue going along in parallel? What's the point in having both? Should we just crosspost to both because more people might be reading this one than that one?

Time is money, and posting it to the Q&A forum and having it sit there unanswered for days before posting to this forum is kind of a downer. It's already bad enough paid support subscribers have to decide on posting to the ST Premium Support forum and one of the non-premium ones, since the premium one can be a ghost town from time to time.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The Q&A forum was created where you can mark posts as answered so this is really the place to ask questions on how to do something or if something isn't working then why stuff like that. This Discussion forum is to discus anything Sencha Touch related. Don't like something in Sencha Touch, let's discus it. Love something about Sencha Touch, blast it out!

Now Premium Support is different all around. Once we get some organization finalized, that will be the first place we look at as people posting there are paying customers.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Thanks for the reply, mitchell. Then shouldn't posts that are actually Q&A be moved from Discussion to Q&A?

My concern is that you're creating a chicken and egg situation. If you want answers, this forum is the highest profile place to post questions.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jep View Post
    Thanks for the reply, mitchell. Then shouldn't posts that are actually Q&A be moved from Discussion to Q&A?

My concern is that you're creating a chicken and egg situation. If you want answers, this forum is the highest profile place to post questions.
    Yeah... nothing is going to be perfect... Although I move threads around when I see something that shouldn't be. Basically, if you are looking for a discussion, post in Discussion (like you did with this one). If you need an answer how to do something, post in Q&A. Even though we have forums broken up for different products/versions, I still see people posting for help in the general forums so it won't be perfect.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating

Not asking for perfection, just trying to get my questions answered. Not convinced the Q&A forum is the place to post for that.

Thanks for your comments.

Thread Participants: 1