Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    kyousuke is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: grid CellEditing plugin

Unanswered: grid CellEditing plugin

demo http://jsfiddle.net/kyousuke_rin/fBAgE/
    Please run the demo and double click the son column. When the cell is edit state, it show [Object Object]. It is not what I want. When exit edit it resume correctly in IE but wrrong in chrome.

Orginally I didn't want to edit value in cell, so you can see I have set the readOnly:true attribute. It can't select the text in grid with extjs4. I just want to use CellEditing plugin to be able to select the text in grid.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold mankz is a splendid one to behold

If you don't want users to edit, I'd not use the cell editor at all. Instead look at removing the DOM/CSS properties making the text unselectable. Firebug is your friend

From StackOverflow:

In most browsers, this can be achieved using CSS:

*.unselectable {
    -moz-user-select: -moz-none;
    -khtml-user-select: none;
    -webkit-user-select: none;
    user-select: none;
    }

For IE and Opera, you will need to use the unselectable expando property of the element you wish to be unselectable. You can set this using an attribute in HTML:

<div id="foo" unselectable="on" class="unselectable">...</div>

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    kyousuke is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mankz View Post
    If you don't want users to edit, I'd not use the cell editor at all. Instead look at removing the DOM/CSS properties making the text unselectable. Firebug is your friend

From StackOverflow:
    Thanks!

I want the text can be selectable in grid. Is there any good idea to do it with 4.02a?

Thread Participants: 1