Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    aacoro is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Aptana IDE support for Ext JS4

Answered: Aptana IDE support for Ext JS4

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a bundle / plugin for code completion for IDE Aptana? (for Ext JS4 and not 2)

Notepad++ worked so far but for real JS application it is not the best bet for me, and I do not have TextMate or E TextEditor.

Thanks.

2. Aptana is built on the Eclipse SWT, right? If so, I think you should be able to install any Eclipse plugin into it. I don't use Aptana, but I do use the Spket plugin for Eclipse - you could try installing it in Aptana and see what happens. It requires a little bit of setup to work with ExtJS 4 (detailed on the Spket forums here), but I was able to get it working without too much trouble, and I absolutely love it.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

Aptana is built on the Eclipse SWT, right? If so, I think you should be able to install any Eclipse plugin into it. I don't use Aptana, but I do use the Spket plugin for Eclipse - you could try installing it in Aptana and see what happens. It requires a little bit of setup to work with ExtJS 4 (detailed on the Spket forums here), but I was able to get it working without too much trouble, and I absolutely love it.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by burnnat View Post
    Aptana is built on the Eclipse SWT, right? If so, I think you should be able to install any Eclipse plugin into it. I don't use Aptana, but I do use the Spket plugin for Eclipse - you could try installing it in Aptana and see what happens. It requires a little bit of setup to work with ExtJS 4 (detailed on the Spket forums here), but I was able to get it working without too much trouble, and I absolutely love it.
    Yes, aptana is build on the Eclipse SWT, as far as I know. Thanks i will have a look at it.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aacoro View Post
    Yes, aptana is build on the Eclipse SWT, as far as I know. Thanks i will have a look at it.
    If you use Eclipse (based IDE)
    1. Install the Spyket plugin (download site)
    2. Download com.spket.js_1.6.18.jar into eclipse\plugins\
    3. Download ext-4.0.2a.jsb2 into Ext root folder
    4. Select the menu item Window > Preferences... to open the workbench preferences.
    5. Select the Spket > JavaScript Profile preference page to display the installed JavaScript Profiles.
    6. Click the New.. button. In the Name field, type Ext as the name for the new profile. Then click OK.
    7. Click the Add Library button. From the Library drop-down list, select ExtJS. Then click OK.
    8. Click the Add File button, choose ext-4.0.2a.jsb2 which can be found in Ext source folder
    9. Select the Ext profile created in step 3, click the Default button make it the default profile for all project. The default profile can also be configured per project by using Configure Project Specific Settings... link.
    10. Click on OK to save the preferences.
    And still does not work... hmm
    Last edited by aacoro; 23 Oct 2011 at 9:59 PM. Reason: typo in step 8

Answers
    Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

Have you tried refreshing the profile (Right-click project->Reload JavaScript Profile)? You may have to refresh it once for the profile changes to get picked up...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    davout is on a distinguished road

Tried following your instructions, only for step 8 I can't find an 'ext.jsb' file in the eval version of extjs4 I've downloaded.

Answers
    Vote Rating

That looks like a typo, it should be the ext-4.0.2a.jsb2 file you downloaded in step 3.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    davout is on a distinguished road

there are no '.jsb2' files in the download I have

Answers
    Vote Rating

That's correct, it is no longer bundled with Ext. You need to download it separately, using the link in step 3 above, and then save it into the Ext root directory.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    bee is on a distinguished road

are these steps to be used for aptana studio 2.0 std version which includes eclipse plugin ?

Thread Participants: 3