Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

What you're trying to do may be beyond the scaling capabilities of a Component Column approach. You should probably be using an Ext.grid.column.Check instead.

I need a complete test case (preferably a Sencha Fiddle) if you'd like my help profiling this. Have you tried profiling this yourself? For a 5 second delay the profiler should be pretty conclusive.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    harmeet771122 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    What you're trying to do may be beyond the scaling capabilities of a Component Column approach. You should probably be using an Ext.grid.column.Check instead.

I need a complete test case (preferably a Sencha Fiddle) if you'd like my help profiling this. Have you tried profiling this yourself? For a 5 second delay the profiler should be pretty conclusive.
    Thanks for your help skirtle.

Here is Sencha Fiddle for the functionality that I am trying to achieve.

Link to Sencha Fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/5o3

W
    hen we click parent node checkbox all the child nodes should be check. Issue here is that rerendering of rows take too much time.

screenshot.jpg

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

I accidentally edited your original Fiddle. Apologies for that, I don't know why it let me save it.

There were various potential ways to optimize this but the best seemed to be removing the refresh entirely:

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/5pq

I've marked the key sections with the word 'New'.

Notice how the store events are discarded and the checkboxes are updated directly instead. I used internalId as a flag to find the correct checkbox, which is probably not the best way to do it but I didn't have a better identifier to work with on those models.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Vizzlepuff is on a distinguished road

Default Component Column for ExtJS 5

Component Column for ExtJS 5

Is there currently a plan to upgrade Component Column for use with ExtJS 5?

I was hoping the new "Widget Column" functionality of ExtJS would replace the need for Component Column UX but that is unfortunately not the case.

With "Widget Column" it expects that the component in every row of the column is the same, with only the value changed. Component Column, on the other hand, you are able to specify a completely different custom component for every row; this is the functionality I need!

Thank you very much to anyone that is able to offer some assistance.

Vote Rating

Element.getFrameWidth has been removed in ExtJS 5, so in calculateFrameWidth this line will fail:

Code:
    return this.lastFrameWidth = parentDiv.getFrameWidth('lr') + parentTd.getFrameWidth('lr');
    Instead try:

Code:
    return this.lastFrameWidth = parentDiv.getBorderWidth('lr') + parentDiv.getPadding('lr') + parentTd.getBorderWidth('lr') + parentTd.getPadding('lr');
    For me that got everything rendering, though in some (not all) of my test cases I saw some sizing problems. I'll investigate those when I get chance but I suspect they're caused by this bug with grid columns:

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?286672

If anyone has any test cases for problems upgrading Component Column from ExtJS 4 to 5 then please post a Fiddle to this thread so I can get them fixed.
    Last edited by skirtle; 11 Jun 2014 at 4:42 AM. Reason: Add link to related bug

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    johanhaest is on a distinguished road

I get a weird error when using a component in another tab: Runtime-fout JavaScript: Missing DOM node in element garbage collection: combo-1563-triggerWrap

At happens when i click the tab where my grid with component column is rendered. I fixed this with the following: componentGC, but when destroy is called ( Ext.destroy(this.getRefItems()); ) it just crashes again. Cant seem to figure out why.

Code:

{
        dataIndex: 'Contact',
        flex: 1,
        xtype: 'componentcolumn',
        componentGC: false,
        renderer: function (contact, meta, record) {
            return {
                xtype: 'combo',
                store: userStore,
                valueField: 'Id',
                displayField: 'Name',
                value: contact
            }
        }
    }

Vote Rating

You need to keep componentGC turned on to ensure you don't get any leaks.

The scenario you've described works fine for me:

If you can get me a complete test case I'll investigate further,

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    senchaui is on a distinguished road

Hi Skirtle, I am using the column componet present in a popup and store is being loaded at our convenience, I am getting errors Like Ext.undefined can you help me please

Vote Rating

Are you using this extension?

If you are then put it in a Fiddle and I'll take a look.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    undeclared is an unknown quantity at this point

I am using this component, it's helped me a lot to get done something kind of unique (I have a grid inside each column)... but my problem is that, as soon as I add a summary, only one grid shows for multiple (up to 30 results)...

So basicly there's some code in the renderer for grid summaries that makes sure it's somehow the last thing rendered, gotta find it...

Not asking for help at this point, but great extension I must say.