Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    spaff is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Still feels like beta...

Still feels like beta...

Hi There!

6 months ago i created a big project for my company with ext designer 1.1.2 and sometimes it was very frustrating because there a very important things wich can't be realized with designer or have to be fixed by hand after exporting (like Storewriter). And searching for the Problem followed by serching for solution costs very much time and is frustrating.

Now I tried 1.2 (with extjs 3) and it's not beeter at all. I'm using it for 2 days and found 3 (known) bugs which have to be soveld by hand and my app is not very complex. And still no Storewriter...

Ext designer has potential but should not cost money as long as the user has to be betatester..

Please don't get me wrong, i like extjs and ext designer, beacause of this i told my company to subscribe, but i'm spending as much time on creating workarounds as i need to develop my application and this is not acceptable for a commercial product, sorry.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    backchatio is on a distinguished road

As someone who's just paid for it, I'm going to agree.

I find it crashes pretty constantly - by crash I mean the rendering just screws up, such as it'll hide the grid or other controls, or render one large blank panel instead of the child controls.

It's a great tool for knocking out ExtJS UI's quickly, and I love it for that, but I'm not impressed by it's stability and lack of MVC support (there's another thread going on about that tho).

But keep working on this Designer, Sencha! It's much needed and appreciated.

B- : Could do better

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

We will have a patch release to 1.2 coming out soon which addresses many issues.

spaff, could you link me to the 3 known bugs which you have encountered? Have they been marked as resolved?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    spaff is on a distinguished road

No Problem..

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...JS3.x&p=652345
    Workaround: None. Just tried a couple of times with different panels and layouts. In this case i didn't need a formpanel at all.

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...selectionmodel
    Marked as solved at July but doesn't work.
    Workaround: Added checkboxselectionmodel by designer and added following line to init of grid:
    Code:
    this.colModel.config.unshift(this.selModel);
    More a missing feature than a bug
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ghlight=writer
    Workaround: create a array store in designer without any fields, which is replaced on init by a "handmade" store. It's ok but sometimes tricky if i have to set the store for a nested component.

My latest problem was getting a paging toolbar to work (i think this should be a own thread)
    I created paging toolbar as class (because of changing store, like previous issue) at designer and tried to add it to a grid on init:
    Code:
    this.bbar = new My.own.paging.Toolbar({store: this.store})
    Failure: New store instance was created

Code:
    this.bbar = new Ext.PagingToolbar({store: this.store})
    Success: Store from grid was used

There was another problem i can't remember at the moment... i'll post it if i remember...

Thread Participants: 2