Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    traigo is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Sencha fails on Blackberry OS 7

Unanswered: Sencha fails on Blackberry OS 7

I just got a Torch 9810 with OS 7. My sencha app looks horrible. I can't touch and go into any of the fields. I have to click with the track pad. Buttons are really hard to hit just right now. It doesn't automatically scroll down and hide the address bar anymore. My Torch 9800 on OS6 worked fine. I thought it would just be the CSS rules need to be tweaked. Changing orientation then back fixed the style issues, but the others remained. I tried the Kitchen Sink and it looked right, but the buttons don't work.

Anyone else see these problems and, hopefully, know a solution?

Ext JS Premium Member anselmtmcclain's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    anselmtmcclain is on a distinguished road

Default Similar issues here

Similar issues here

I have similar issues - although even worse, as our users are requesting the new Bold 9900s with the half-height screen (which makes the persistent address bar even worse as there is very little screen space to work with).

Another specific issue to add to your list is that text in multiple components is oddly blurry - this seems to primarily affect scrollable components such as lists, which load sharp initially then "blur" when touched/moved. Toolbar button icons and text also blurry.

Sencha touts their support for BlackBerry and working relationship with RIM - I know that Touch 2.0 is coming, but a response now on support for the BB OS 7 browser and guidance for developers would be much appreciated. I would also love to hear some thoughts on Sencha and the Bold, since the screen size makes for a really different form-factor.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jonasahlgren is on a distinguished road

Default Some more issues makes the app unusable on BB OS 7

Some more issues makes the app unusable on BB OS 7

I have a Appworld deployed app built using sencha-touch (and phonegap). Me to can sadly report this severe issues (some of them already described in post from "traigo").

- Textfields cannot be tapped: Nothing happens when trying tap into a textfield to put focus. The trackball works though (But that won't make anyone happy).

- Orientation change breaks layout: Initially my app layouts ok in portration mode. When I switch to landscape is repaints ok. Then when I switch back to portrait the bottom half of the screen is cut off and nothing in there will show (just white background). Not possible to recover from this state and user must restart the application to get the screen back.

- Toolbar becomes blurry: For some reason the content in a toolbar on top of a list becomes very blurry when starting to scroll. Doesn't matter if its a image or a text shown in the toolbar. It becomes almost unreadable and makes the app look very ugly.

I must get this working so my approach will be to try to shutoff orientation change, then jump into the sencha code and hunt the textfield focus bug, which I just must find a solution to. (otherwise the app is completely unusable).

Wish me luck and please tell me if you have found any solutions to the above. I will report any findings.

/Jonas

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    twingocerise is on a distinguished road

Exclamation integers?

integers?

Hi,

I found a problem on OS7 running a gwt project. I don't know if it could be the same for sencha touch but basically OS7 doesn't handle integers just like other browser do. Try this on the phone and you'll see something funny...

i = 0;
    if(i < -2147483648) {
    alert('hello');
    }

I create an article on my blog about it in case you're interested: http://java-cerise.blogspot.com/2011...play-well.html

Hope that helps...

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rgporter can only hope to improve

Disappointed there's still no answers here. Is there any ongoing support for Blackberry anymore at Sencha?

OS7 is loaded with bugs right now, the icons don't draw, address bar won't move out of the way, can't click form elements, scrolling is all screwy and maps crashes the browser.

Re: Bold screen size, I found creating a special Ext.is for the bold helps you scale sizes down, assuming you've used ems for element sizes rather than pixels or points:

Code:
    Ext.is.platforms.push(
        {
            property: 'userAgent',
            regex: /blackberry 99/i,
            identity: 'BlackberryBold'
        }
    );

Ext.is.init();

if(Ext.is.BlackberryBold) {        
                document.body.style.fontSize = '0.725em';
    }
    Basically you'll need to treat any app in the Bold kind like a landscape-oriented app in iPhone/Android, except that its not as wide... or as tall.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    lcrockett is on a distinguished road

Any update on the Blackberry OS7 issues? I'm also facing many issues which are mentioned in this thread.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    msaspence is on a distinguished road

Default Also having this problem

Also having this problem

Any news on this?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    roscomax is on a distinguished road

Default same problem

same problem

Hi there, we have same problem with Sencha Touch 1.1.1 on BB with SO > 6. Is there any solution to apply?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    roscomax is on a distinguished road

Default Any news?

Any news?

I tried to search on internet but it seems that there is no solution for the bug. I think that BB with SO > 6 is not supported by Sencha Touch. I can'y understand why nothing is written on the site. We developed our application saying that Sencha is supported on ios, Android and BB and now BB is not supported... not easy to explain... if someone have some solution or workaround it will be appreciated...

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    shanesmith is on a distinguished road

Fixed!... sorta...

https://gist.github.com/2645017

Good luck.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey