Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Vote Rating
    Radius-Service is on a distinguished road

Default Series tips of chart. Do not count the window border.

Series tips of chart. Do not count the window border.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Create tips for series. ExtJs 4.0.2
    The result that occurs instead:
    • Hint partially displayed.

HELPFUL INFORMATION

Screenshot or Video:

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ZachG will become famous soon enough

Use constrainPosition:true when configuring your tooltips. I believe this was set to true by default in ExtJS 3 but is now false in ExtJS 4.

Vote Rating
    Radius-Service is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ZachG View Post
    Use constrainPosition:true when configuring your tooltips. I believe this was set to true by default in ExtJS 3 but is now false in ExtJS 4.
    Thank you.
    Hence the error in the documentation.

constrainPosition: Boolean

If true, then the tooltip will be automatically constrained to stay within the browser viewport.

Defaults to: true

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Will fix up the docs.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-0/source/Tip3.html#Ext-tip-Tip-cfg-constrainPosition

The deafult value for Ext.tip.Tip.constrainPosition is actually true. I think there may be something else going on here.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I don't think it's just that the documentation is incorrect. Ext.tip.Tip.prototype.constrainPosition is true. (ext-all-debug.js line 38437 of 4.0.6)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    myExtJsUname is on a distinguished road

I'm not really sure how to proceed here. Can I "re-open" this thread somehow by adding a comment or is it better to start a new thread? This one is marked "[CLOSED]" but as I, and others from the looks of the thread, are experiencing it is still a problem. I am using ExtJs 4.1.1.

Similar to others, I verified that the Ext.tip.Tip constrainPosition is set to true by default in its class definition, as documented. However, tooltips are definitely bleeding outside the browser's view in Firefox. They are correctly adjusted in IE, though, so perhaps that's why it couldn't be reproduced previously.

I've included pictures of my own experiences:
    1. An image of Firefox when the constrainPosition is set to true;
    2. An image of Firefox when the constrainPosition is set to false (so you can see that it is actually trying to adjust its position...just not enough, I guess);
    3. An image of Internet Explorer when the constrainPosition is set to true (so you can see that there it is properly positioned); and,
    4. An image of Internet Explorer when the constrainPosition is set to false (just to be complete).

Is there some way I can get around this? Can I override some method in the Ext.tip.Tip to make the necessary adjustment in FF? And, if so, how would I do that...meaning how can I change the Ext.tip.Tip class definition within my own source (we're not allowed to actually make changes in our third-party js libraries). I've tried to do an Ext.override before for something else but couldn't get it to work at the time...it never actually used my method rather than the release one.

Anyway, if it's better to make a new thread given all this, just let me know.

cheers,
    jtm
    Attached Images

Thread Participants: 3