Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    webmaven is on a distinguished road

Default A few suggestions

A few suggestions

Basic alignment tools: e.g. grid, snap to object, snap to grid, and buttons that will align all objects on selected object center or to the stage. Align left, right top and bottom.

Also have rulers where I could drag a ruler line to help with alignment.

Text: I should just be able to type in the text box without having to write HTML code in the source box on the right. I should be able to reformat different parts of the text. I know you can do this now but it does not put in the <br> tags and seems very heavy handed.

Layer lock/hide: The ability to lock a layer so I don't accidentally move a layer that overlaps another layer. And the ability to hide a layer. This should be ignored when playing the animation.

Image Opacity: I can animate an image fading-in but what if I only an image to be a 50% or 80% I don't see this option. It seems like I can only have it on or off. Also the reflection should also allow opacity and allow a fade out feature (e.g. iTunes)

What you have here is a possible Flash killer. I would suggest looking at the features that Flash offers and see if you could add similar features.

Great beta I am able to get up and running quickly I have already put in a request but since we are a non-profit this order may have to wait. GREAT JOB.

Thank you;
    Raymond
    Last edited by webmaven; 4 Oct 2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Feature exists

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

Hi Raymond,

It sounds like you might be using our old beta?
    1.0 is available on our webpage http://sencha.com/animator
    We have basic snapping to objects, alignment and distribution tools, object lock/hide. You should also be able to set opacity of any object to any arbitrary values between 0 and 100 %.
    Thanks for the kind words!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes I was using an older version. The new version is fantastic and could very well be a Flash killer.

GREAT JOB on the program.

I did notice one issue with Exporting a project. It does not seem to export correctly. I give it a directory to save the file and it does not appear there.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I see what the problem is. It is not exporting in a way that I am familiar with. I am expecting the export name that I enter to be the file name not a directory. This could get confusing.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Maybe there should be a option when setting up a new project as to what the intended device is going to be. If I select "mobile web" You can put the code in for zoom level and to scroll the page to get rid of the address bar.

Also I selected black as the background color but when I view the site its showing as white. I fixed it manually but every time I make a change everything gets reset.

Also I need the option to preview with a different browser. My default browser is IE so if I go to preview the animation it does not work.

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the great suggestions

Thread Participants: 1