Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Hakkert is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: MVC change view from one to another in the controller

Answered: MVC change view from one to another in the controller

Hi

I have a controller with two views. In one of the views a have a button with a click listener. On that click i want to change the view from one to the other. Whats the best way to do this?

I already have the click listener in place so the only thing i need to know is how to switch views.

2. Changing the view depends on your layout.

It would be the same as adding/removing or showing/hiding parts of any widget in the framework. Card layouts would call setActiveItem(), whereas Fit layouts might have to completely destroy their children items.

Assuming your application is simply a viewport displaying some panel, your controller would simply ask the viewport to hide/remove the existing view, and show/add the new view. Calling doLayout() might need to happen as well, depending on your setup.

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

Changing the view depends on your layout.

It would be the same as adding/removing or showing/hiding parts of any widget in the framework. Card layouts would call setActiveItem(), whereas Fit layouts might have to completely destroy their children items.

Assuming your application is simply a viewport displaying some panel, your controller would simply ask the viewport to hide/remove the existing view, and show/add the new view. Calling doLayout() might need to happen as well, depending on your setup.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Hakkert is on a distinguished road

Maybe you can help.

Code:
    var master = Ext.ComponentManager.get('idMasterView');
            var centerPanel = Ext.ComponentManager.get('idCenterPanel');

var newCenterPanel = Ext.widget('mainCenterTabPanelView');
            newCenterPanel.id = 'idCenterPanel';
            newCenterPanel.name = 'idCenterPanel';
            newCenterPanel.region = 'center';

newCenterPanel.isVisible(true);

master.add(newCenterPanel);

centerPanel.hide();
            newCenterPanel.show();
            master.doLayout();
    The centerPanel hides but the new panel doesn't show. I'm not sure why this is. Anyone an idea?

Sencha - Services Team arthurakay's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough arthurakay is a jewel in the rough

I'm guessing you're using a border layout... which doesn't allow you to add/remove children after it's been created.

However, you can add/remove children on the component already existing in the "center" panel. Does that make sense?

In other words, a container with "border" layout might have a panel in it's "center" region. Add/remove children to the panel... not the parent.
    Arthur Kay
    Developer Relations Manager, Sencha Inc.

Twitter | Sencha Chicago User Group

Thread Participants: 1