Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-4632 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Problem still exists in 4.1-PR1.
    I have two grids on separate tabs and the Loading mask of the hidden grid is shown in top-left corner of the window.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danCTS is on a distinguished road

This has been posted for 2 months now and no one from the Sencha team has even acknowledged that this is clearly a bug.

Pretty disappointed too, that we paid for a commercial licenses, but the product we purchased licenses for is still not production ready after 8 months.

Vote Rating
    tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough tangix is a jewel in the rough

Yup - the silence in many threads is making me worried. My gut-feeling says that 4.1 will be make or break for Sencha.
    The Sencha devs bit of quite a bit to chew on when producing 4.0 and now the silence and slipped schedule for 4.1 is worrisome.
    (Or maybe I am just paranoid after reading the excellent book "Dreaming in Code" by Scott Rosenberg....)

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like this one fell through the cracks. I'll make sure this gets resolved. The problem is as follows:

The first time the child store gets loaded, the view has not been rendered yet. Once you show the list for the child combo, the view is now rendered. When we go back and select a value from the parent, it triggers a reload on the child store. The child is rendered, but not visible, so when it tries to align the mask it goes in the incorrect spot. I've added a fix that checks if the owning component is visible before showing the mask.

The fix should be part of the next release. Please confirm.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Vote Rating

Hi Evan,
    I hope this will be a general fix for LoadMask so it will fix my two grids in different tabs?

Thanks,
    /Mattias

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

Should do. The fix was made in the mask class, so it always checks if the owning component is visible before showing itself.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Vote Rating

Excellent news! Looking forward for the next 4.1 release.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    danCTS is on a distinguished road

Thank you Evant. Looking forward to 4.1

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brentdooley999 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Evant!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ldonofrio will become famous soon enough

i was using thing for a long time