Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Snorkler is on a distinguished road

Default Question on layout

Question on layout

Is there a way I can stack the values of 3 columns in one display column using the grid? I'm having no trouble getting the standard tabular display to work, but wondered if there is any creative way to achieve this layout. Any hints would be appreciated.

Example:

Col1 Heading Col4 Heading Col5 Heading

Col1Value Col4Value Col5Value Row1
    Col2Value
    Col3Value
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Col1Value Col4Value Col5Value Row2
    Col2Value
    Col3Value

Touch Premium Member suzuki1100nz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz is just really nice suzuki1100nz is just really nice suzuki1100nz is just really nice suzuki1100nz is just really nice

First - Thanks very much Mitchell for the Touch grid.
    Desperately needed and heres to seeing it introduced to the base framework soon.

Has anyone use this to create a touch version of the infinite grid?

Any pointers with implementing this in Touch Mitchell?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Right now, the grid extends Ext.dataview.DataView. 2.1.0 b3 will finally see the infinite List but of course the grid won't get the infinite feature as it extends from DataView instead of List. It's an easy change to change the extends property and some CSS but would then pick up the infinite feature (along with grouping). As a discussion, would you all like it to extend List instead of DataView?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    suzuki1100nz is just really nice suzuki1100nz is just really nice suzuki1100nz is just really nice suzuki1100nz is just really nice

Thanks Mitchell
    +1 for extending list instead of Dataview.
    Has coding of the inifinite list started? and any chance I can get access to the beta code?
    I would like to ensure my implementation will work with the future release.

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

FYI... just push some changes. Ext.ux.touch.grid.List now extends Ext.dataview.List, Ext.ux.touch.grid.View is now deprecated and will create an instance of Ext.ux.touch.grid.List if you try and use it (backwards compat). You now can group, have an index bar, disclosure icons and any other goodies in Ext.dataview.List.

You will also see a new example: infinite.html This example loads 1,000 records (from the forums) and uses the new infinite feature that List uses that will be in 2.1.0 b3 that should be coming any day. Support subscriptions can download nightlies at the support portal.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Vote Rating

Hi,

Thanks for that I've grabbed it already.
    You mentioned a new infinite feature that list uses - I've grabbed the latest nightly build for 2.1.0-b3 and cant see anything in there at this point relating to infinite list.
    I did spot an incomplete Ext.dataview.component.Infinite and the private Ext.carousel.Infinite

I see your infinite.js example loads up 1000 items in one hit, will the infinite list implementation behave like the ExtJS buffered data store and implement paging to the server?

I could for now use the paging list plugin and load up the first 100 and then use auto paging but it wont drop from the list the pages I've scrolled past (I dont want to bloat the dom).

Vote Rating

Hi again,

Sorry just had a good look at the paging list plugin with the list in 2.1.0b3 and that will do nicely.
    Thanks for making the changes to the grid so quickly.

Vote Rating

Got it working though the row heights are incorrect.
    Looks like it being set in code on x-list-item as there is an element style of 47px ! important being set.

Cant override in css any ideas?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tecnosencha is on a distinguished road

Default ST 2.0.1.1

ST 2.0.1.1

Hi all!
    @Mitchell
    It's possibile to use Ext.ux.touch.grid library in Sencha Architect ?
    I read other posts about override and library import (require) and i have done some tries.
    I tried to overriding Ext.DataView including (require) but didn't work.
    I tried to overriding Ext.DataView and extend Ext.ux.touch.grid.View and no result.
    I'am sure i'am doing something wrong, if you have any suggestion, i'd appreciate it!

Ty

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki1100nz View Post
    Got it working though the row heights are incorrect.
    Looks like it being set in code on x-list-item as there is an element style of 47px ! important being set.

Cant override in css any ideas?
    Make sure you get the latest CSS I provided as I had to remove the padding. The simple examples are working just fine.