Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTJS-4263 in a recent build.
    Vote Rating
    Vital Aaron is on a distinguished road

Default Datefield picker ignoring control keys

Datefield picker ignoring control keys

I'm seeing an apparent bug in the datefield picker. That is, clicking on the "month year" header of the calendar picker brings up another picker/dropdown which displays months and years. See screenshot below. The ctrl keys don't work on this picker.

Also, I noticed that clicking on the header only works the first time. After that I can't bring up the secondary picker with the list of months and years. If I reload the page I can bring up the secondary picker again.

Once I click on the calendar header the ctrl-U,D,L,R keys don’t work on the main calendar picker anymore. Closing and re-opening the picker fixes the ctrl keys (unless one selects the header again.)

The problem is on multiple browsers. In this code I have a datefield inside of an Ext.form.Panel with the following config params set:
    {
    name: 'patientBirthDate', // must match StudySearchForm
    xtype: 'datefield',
    fieldLabel: 'Date of Birth',
    emptyText: 'mm/dd/yyyy',
    format: 'm/d/Y',
    altFormats: 'm/j/Y|m/d/y|m/j/y|m.d.Y|m.d.y|m d Y|m d y|m-d-Y|m-d-y|F j, Y',
    maxValue: new Date() // "now"
    },

and outside of the formpanel's items array I have the following default config params: defaults: {
    xtype: 'textfield',
    labelAlign: 'top',
    labelHeight: 22,
    fieldHeight: 22,
    enableKeyEvents: true,
    anchor: '100%',
    listeners: {
    'keyup': function(form, e) {
    if (e.getKey() == e.RETURN) {
    VI.doSearch(); // submit form on return key
    }
    }
    }
    },

This problem is very minor, but it came up in our product testing process.

Is this a known problem? If not, I can try to produce a simplified version of my code that demonstrates the bug and include it here (and perhaps discover that it's a bug on my end!). If so, please point me to the appropriate thread and I will follow up there.

Regards,
    Aaron

calendar bug.jpg

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

1) Not sure what you mean by this, are you saying the arrow keys should cause something to move in the month picker? How would you have this work? Open to suggestions!

2) Can confirm, seems like when the month picker is closed focus isn't restored to the date picker, will check it out.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Vote Rating
    Vital Aaron is on a distinguished road

Default about (1)...

about (1)...

In the calendar version of the date picker ctrl-up/down changes the year and ctrl-left/right changes the month. So one might expect the same behavior with the picker that shows a list of years and months.

Vote Rating
    evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute evant has a reputation beyond repute

That doesn't seem particular intuitive, just because of the way it's laid out.
    Evan Trimboli
    Sencha Developer
    Twitter - @evantrimboli
    Don't be afraid of the source code!

Thread Participants: 1