Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    anulall is on a distinguished road

Question Migrating ExtJS app to Sencha touch 2.0

Migrating ExtJS app to Sencha touch 2.0

Hi,
    I have an application developed in Ext Js 4 Framework. Now planning to create the same for iPad .

Could anyone tell me how much it would be comfortable to use Sencha Touch 2.

Right now I can load my URL in iPad but there are lots of issues we are facing. Main issues are:

Draging of windows, Selecting rows in GridPanel,

But I could not find all the controls in sencha touch that Ext Js has. Please do post your suggestions...

Thanks in Advance,
    Anulall

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The different widgets (or views) are the main difference between ST and Ext JS. Those will have to be recoded. ST doesn't have all the different widgets Ext JS has like Windows (could use floating Panels) or native grid component (I have been working on one and have it on GitHub but it's not as advanced as Ext JS').
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

The media is different so the application should be rewrited for the constraints and features of mobile device.

A couple of years ago I looked at some cool videos in Apple's developer site that teach you how you should procede to port your desktop application (ExtJS in this case) to mobile devices (Sencha Touch). Is not matter of just take your application and make it fit in smaller screen, you must rethink how user will interact with your application.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Thread Participants: 2