Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    phil.fuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Default HTC Desire Android issues

HTC Desire Android issues

At time of writing unfortunately the HTC Desire is one of my target devices...
    research has brought me to the point that with v1 the 'htc sense' OS is problematic and i'm unlikely to be able to release the app unless the functionality is hugely scaled down.

i'm migrating my app / hacking in parts of it to v2 and finding the htc to be a lot smoother scroll and responsiveness wise (great work sencha)
    see
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...ponents-scroll
    replace the colored div's with images...
    But i'm still finding when i'm scrolling a lot of images (from above eg 10 rows of 10 image - like an image gallery) that the Desire is 'freezing'.

In v1 this happens a lot and the app often only comes back after hitting the menu button (which seems to jump the browser back to live) and the app is completely unusable.

v2 is a lot better and when it does freeze it does recover but still leaves the device unresponsive for several seconds.

we're in a situation that we need to know if we can pursue the current technology knowing that once a stable release is out we can roll out to this device. Granted this is a reasonably old device but it's still pretty popular and will continue to be so for the coming months.

Hopefully by next year this will be less of an issue but guess you all know the importance of the now.

Wondered if anyone had any experiences of their own of performance on (or indeed cares about?) the desire...??

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough TommyMaintz will become famous soon enough

Ah, I hadn't read this thread yet when I replied to your other one.

Unfortunately I think the scroller is almost as optimized as possible on Android. It is just an element with overflow: hidden where we adjust the scrollTop! Putting a lot of large images in a list, or adding excessive styling like gradients/rounded corners on list items will slow the scroller down on the the much older Android devices. No matter what we do.

Jacky is our Android scroller performance master though, so before I say that there is nothing we can do I think we should give him a shot at trying to improve the performance somehow. I must admit that it won't probably be our highest priority for one of the next releases, though it is definitely something we will take a look at before the final GA.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

many thanks tommy...
    yeah - i appreciate it won't be high priority...

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jacky Nguyen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Jacky Nguyen has a spectacular aura about Jacky Nguyen has a spectacular aura about

There's a critical bug in HTC devices that use HTC Sense UI that causes the browser's UI thread to be frozen. We've worked directly with HTC engineering team a few months ago and confirmed it's fully fixed in their future firmware releases.

In Touch 2 we've implemented a temporary workaround. As you already found out it's not perfect, and from all my experimentations, it simply can't be without having more power outside of what we can do within the browser itself. However apps are no longer permanently frozen. In the worst case scenario, the application automatically restore its timers after a certain period (a second or two).

Again this only happens in previous generation HTC devices (most popularly the Desire and Incredible).
    Sencha Touch Lead Architect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

yeah i expected this to be the case - that it's beyond the browser.
    the workaround is working A LOT better in what i've played with in S2.
    as is often the case with tech when compared to latest gen phone these devices seem so far away even tho they are under 2 years old!

we're considering dropping these older devices, or rather providing a separate code base / different experience rather than sacrifice too much on newer devices.

i'm old enough to actually remember supporting a small handful of 'main stream' browsers but with this new trend towards mobile html5 / js frameworks it's fast becoming an absolute nightmare testing and support wise.

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar