Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for TOUCH-877 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    robcolburn is on a distinguished road

Default Native Packaging Issue

Native Packaging Issue

Great work on the new Touch libs, they look great. I decided to attempt transitioning starting with the packager. My first of the Native Packager didn't go so smooth…

I stepped through the provided guide ( http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...tive_packaging ), with an existing Sencha Touch 1.0 project.

1. Complete iOS provisioning on Apple iOS provisioning portal for

I already have a provision profile set-up for this app, I'll just fill in the App Name and ID. Actually, I have two separate profiles:
    1. Ad Hoc Distribution Profile for my company ("Wiley Coyote, Inc.")
      1. App Name: "Acme App". App ID: "com.acme.appDev"
    2. App Store Distribution Profile for my client company ("ACME Enterprises LLC")
      1. App Name: "Acme App". App ID: "com.acme.app"

2. Install the Packager

Done.

3. Create a packaging configuration file to be use with the native packager.

Code:
    {
        "applicationName":"ACME App",
        "applicationId":"com.acme.AcmeApp",
        "iconName":"icon.png",
        "versionString":"1.10",
        "outputPath":"~/Documents/Sencha Projects/AcmeApp/build",
        "webAppPath":"~/Documents/Sencha Projects/AcmeApp/www/",
        "configuration":"Release",
        "platform":"iOS",
        "deviceType":"Universal",
        "orientations": [
            "portrait"
        ]
    }
    4. Run the packager to create the packaged application

$ sencha packagae config.json
    iPhone Distribution: ambiguous (matches “iPhone Distribution: Wiley Coyote/, Inc.” and “iPhone Distribution: ACME Enterprises LLC //” in /User/wiley/Library/Keychains/login.keychain)

I'm assuming, I can use "certificateAlias" to solve some of this, but I'm not sure how.

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Will have someone take a look at it, thank you.

Sencha - Management Team abe.elias's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    abe.elias is on a distinguished road

Hi Rob,

I've posted a new stbuild that is contained in the SDK Tools Downloads. You should be able to install it by following the link below.

http://cl.ly/1Y1D0t070z0X1p2p2Q0d

certificateAlias must be in format:

"certificateAlias":"iPhone Developer: Abraham Elias" or for distribution should be something like this:

"certificateAlias":"iPhone Distribution: Sencha Inc."

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kyr0 is on a distinguished road

Great! For me that works now too.
    Also fixes the: "iPhone Distribution: no identity found" bug.

Just wanted to inform you that the "phoneStartupScreen" isn't working at all for me.
    I'm using the source code of Sencha Touch 2 example "carousel" (I only replaced "Ext.setup" by "Ext.application" and "onReady" by "launch"):

Ext.application({
    tabletStartupScreen: 'tablet_startup.png',
    phoneStartupScreen: 'phone_startup.png',
    icon: 'icon.png',

Files (like: tablet_startup.png) are contained in folder "app".
    JSON-Config:

{
    "applicationName":"Reader App",
    "applicationId":"de.app.reader",
    "iconName":"icon.png",
    "versionString":"0.1",
    "outputPath":"/Volumes/Source/ReaderApp/build",
    "webAppPath":"/Volumes/Source/ReaderApp/app",
    "configuration":"Release",
    "platform":"iOS",
    "deviceType":"Universal",
    "certificateAlias": "iPhone Developer: ...",
    "orientations": [
    "portrait",
    "landscapeLeft",
    "landscapeRight",
    "portraitUpsideDown"
    ]
    }

The app startup is initially black (5 seconds, source loading time I guess), then afterwards 2 seconds additionally in white background (rendering time I guess).

Hmm, I'm using the sencha-touch-all-debug-w-comments.js currently.

Overall performance (also for animations) is likely poor, but OK for a Developer Preview I guess..
    (and would be much better with a custom build I guess, but custom building will only affect the initial app load time of 5 seconds).

I'm using an iPhone 4.

Thanks and regards!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    robcolburn is on a distinguished road

Default Thanks!

Thanks!

Thanks Abe! I was able to compile just fine. I'll be testing run-time and such today. Sorry, for the rider question, but is there a way to build .IPA files? They're used for ad-hoc distribution, and most importantly TestFlight (a tool for distributing preview builds to key people).

@kyr0: When you experienced poor performance, were you comparing "Native Packager" vs. "XCode + PhoneGap", or with another framework?

Vote Rating

@kyr0 have you tried placing a Default.png in the root directory?

With the iPad you have more selection:

Default-Portrait.png 768w x 1004h
    Default-PortraitUpsideDown.png 768w x 1004h
    Default-Landscape.png 1024w x 748h
    Default-LandscapeLeft.png 1024w x 748h
    Default-LandscapeRight.png 1024w x 748h

@rob Try to copy the .app folder into a folder called Payload. Compress the Payload dir and change the extension from XXX.zip to XXX.ipa.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kyr0 is on a distinguished road

Re,

@rob: Compared to Sencha Touch 1.0; Compared to PhoneGap and using jQuery Mobile, Sencha Touch 2.0 currently is a snake compared to a ferrari in terms of performance (PhoneGap+jQuery is immediately started. No feel of non-native in any way.) But in terms of features and framework architecture jQuery Mobile is crap compared to Sencha Touch 2.0. We need to choose one type of death And I hope the native performance of Touch 2.0 will increase the next releases as the performance enhancements of the Ext JS 4 dev branch will be merged with Touch 2.0...

@abe I've put the Default.png and Default-Portrait.png in the app folder so that it's packed in the "webapp" folder inside the .app in the end but that has no effect after a fresh new native build. There's still a blank black screen for 5 seconds and 3 seconds of white blank screen. Afterwards the blue carousel sample appears.

Btw: Maybe it would be a good idea to open up the git repo of Ext JS 4 (readonly) to a group of experts of the community to let the community help you sort out e.g. performance problems together with your dev team. I know a lot of commercial dev's with some "override.js" files that fix performance, API etc. problems. The community could then come up with up-to-date bugfix code's. Even the licensing problems could be sorted out by a CCLA. (Code Contribution License Agreement) I guess the Ext / Sencha users would be very pleased to hear community experts can participate on-track. Anyway..

Thanks & regards!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kinetifex is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by kyr0 View Post
    I've put the Default.png and Default-Portrait.png in the app folder so that it's packed in the "webapp" folder inside the .app in the end but that has no effect after a fresh new native build. There's still a blank black screen for 5 seconds and 3 seconds of white blank screen. Afterwards the blue carousel sample appears.
    I'm trying to use the Sencha iOS Native Packager also and too am getting these same results on iPhone3GS with the blank startup screens.

I did figured out the icon issue: In your config file, the icon name is actually the path to the icon within the .app. Your www files get packaged up under webapp folder, so the iconName needs to be a path something like:
    Code:
    "iconName":"webapp/resources/images/icon.png"
    This packager is on it's way to being very cool! We just need clearer instructions and more options for things like the splash screens, ability to hide the status bar, and other properties that should get set in the app's Info.plist.

Vote Rating

We'll be putting out another release shortly that addresses these issues. Thanks again for the feedback!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    tmort is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still getting an error when running:
    Code:
    sencha package run ios.json
    Every time its run I get the following error:

Code:
    sh: stbuild: command not found
    Anyone having a similar issue?