Hybrid View

Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    justinKohactive is on a distinguished road

Default ios text fields hard to click

ios text fields hard to click

In the simulator and on the device the it feels really difficult to get a text field into edit mode, often having to tap 2-3 times. In the browser on my computer its easy to click. Any ideas on how i can make this better?

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Hmm, There is a slight delay on it going into edit mode (300ms) is it possible you are seeing that effecting you? Also, what version of iOS are you using?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    justinKohactive is on a distinguished road

You are totally correct, this is the issue i am seeing.

I also get it with buttons basically any touch interaction?

Are you using touchStart or click? I did some research and everywhere says the delay expeirenced is likely a result of using click. Would it be possible to support touchStart?

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

There is a bug in iOS that I think was finally fixed in 5.0 that is forcing us to put in that delay. I don't think we have yet removed it for iOS5 as of yet. Once that is in, users using iOS5 will have a much better experience.

Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Avins View Post
    There is a bug in iOS that I think was finally fixed in 5.0 that is forcing us to put in that delay. I don't think we have yet removed it for iOS5 as of yet. Once that is in, users using iOS5 will have a much better experience.
    Awesome dude. Should make some apps more responsive.