Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    chemkb is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Multiple Grid for a single Data Store

Answered: Multiple Grid for a single Data Store

This is my first post.

I want to display two grids at different tabs for the same data store. Grid one will display all the mandatory fields and grid two will display rest of the fields. I am also using RowEditor.

My app is very similaar to roweditorgrid example. http://extjs.com/examples/#roweditorgrid

Is this possible?

Any examples or guidance would be highly appreciated.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

The ListStore is designed to be used in this way - create one, and pass it into the constructor of each grid. Each grid will then read and write the items in the store.

Take a stab at it, and if you have trouble, paste what you have so other community members can try to help you out.

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    chemkb is on a distinguished road

Colin,

As you mentioned I created a store and connected it to multiple grids. You can see it below:

http://compressor-calculations.appspot.com/

Thanks a lot for the direction.

Ravi

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Nice work! Now if only I remembered enough chemistry to know how to use such a tool...

Your tabs looks slightly odd because something else on the page (style.css) is defining how <li> tags should look in certain cases, and is being too broad with it's application of this style. Other style oddities could also be caused by this file - keep this in mind as you refine the page. One alternative to changing style.css would be to strengthen gxt-all.css's reset code (at the top of the file) by making it specific to gxt elements, but this will need to be done carefully as to not break other components. Another would be to iframe part of the page's content.

Thread Participants: 1