Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    LarsVern is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: xtype: 'grid' in dockedItems is not working

Answered: xtype: 'grid' in dockedItems is not working

Hi,

I have got a Panel (from Ext.grid.Panel) and in the dockedItems I try to use an xtype: 'grid'.

If I use 'panel' instead, there is no error message. If I use 'grid' on the same xtype, there is the message 'component is undefind'

Code:
    Ext.define('my.view.vPanel', {
        extend: 'Ext.grid.GridPanel'
        , dockedItems: [{
            xtype: 'grid'
            , columns: ['name', ...]
        }]
    I like to create a summary row between a grid. I created it in an mvc.

regards
    Lars

2. How can I render that outsite.
    This is purely for diagnostic purposes. Ignore all the rest of your code, just grab the config for that grid and instantiate it using Ext.create. Shove in a renderTo: Ext.getBody() and a width and height if you don't have them already. The key thing is whether or not the config works outside of the docked items.

The full stacktrace from Firebug would be very helpful. Also, which ExtJS version are you using?

The line that's blowing up is in Ext.Component.create. It seems that component is undefined. Given everything you've described, this suggests that there's a problem with your grid config (possibly the columns?). The reason panel works fine is because it uses different config options so a mistake in, for example, the columns wouldn't affect it.

So far the only way I've managed to reproduce this error message is by adding a load of stray commas into the dockedItems array. However, that would also fail with a panel. Can you just check all your arrays are fine and you don't have any doubled or stray commas?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

try 'gridpanel' as the xtype.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

sorry, it's still the same: component is undefined

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Just tried it myself, 4.0.2 and 4.0.6. Worked fine.

Which browsers are you seeing this in? If it's just IE then I bet it's a stray comma.

If it's happening in all browsers then I'd suggest trying to render that docked grid outside of the docked items. I suspect you'll find it's a problem with the grid config rather than docking.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi, I am using FireFox and Safari. In Safari the text ist a little bit differente but it says the same: TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'component.xtype')

How can I render that outsite. I try to have these grid as an seperate row on the end of an other grid. To use these place with a toolbar it's working fine, and if I declarate it as panel it's also working fine. What should be the problem that a grid is undefined.

In a different arrangement where I don't use mvc it's also working fine. So maybe I have a problem with my mvc.

My problem is I don't understand why panel should be defined and a grid and gridpanel not.

I tryed also to create a varible of a grid and declarate an alias: widget.nameofgrid and liked to use xtype: nameofgrid - the same.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

How can I render that outsite.
    This is purely for diagnostic purposes. Ignore all the rest of your code, just grab the config for that grid and instantiate it using Ext.create. Shove in a renderTo: Ext.getBody() and a width and height if you don't have them already. The key thing is whether or not the config works outside of the docked items.

The full stacktrace from Firebug would be very helpful. Also, which ExtJS version are you using?

The line that's blowing up is in Ext.Component.create. It seems that component is undefined. Given everything you've described, this suggests that there's a problem with your grid config (possibly the columns?). The reason panel works fine is because it uses different config options so a mistake in, for example, the columns wouldn't affect it.

So far the only way I've managed to reproduce this error message is by adding a load of stray commas into the dockedItems array. However, that would also fail with a panel. Can you just check all your arrays are fine and you don't have any doubled or stray commas?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi skirtle,

thank you to gave me new idears. I got it, my header for the grid was wrong. Now I have a grid in the dockedItems.

Thank you.