Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bunchofstring will become famous soon enough

Default Swipe Performance

Swipe Performance

100+ hours into my web app on ST1.1 and you geniuses go and create 2.0 with all sorts of brain tickling enhancements. Fair enough, the native packaging alone is good incentive to migrate my code. Thanks for all of your hard work on the release.

However, considering all the scrolling performance enhancements, and transformation fixes, I was disappointed to fire up the carousel demo on my Motorola Atrix (which was used in several of the developer preview screencasts) and see that the swipe behavior on Android still pales in comparison to mobile Safari on iOS. My main gripe is that if I flick a card to see the next one, it doesn't slide gracefully out of view like it does on iOS. As soon as my finger lifts off, the card switch finishes without any animation . That is the swipe effect looks nice while I'm touching the screen, but as soon as I lift my finger, it jumps abruptly to the next card.

See for yourself (using an Android device):
    http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/tou...sel/index.html

Can anything be done? Is anyone else seeing different behavior on Android?

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

Carousels currently don't animate at all... This just hasn't been implemented yet. We will have this in a forthcoming release.

Thread Participants: 1