Hybrid View

Vote Rating
    senchito is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: list of available listeners?

Answered: list of available listeners?

Previously I made use of the afterRender and afterLayout to trigger custom scaling functions (amongst others).

I saw a dev suggest to use the "painted" listener to replace the afterRender... and what about the afterLayout?

Would it be possible for someone to list other/all available listeners?

I appreciate it

2. We are continuing to work on the documentation to make sure all events are properly documented.

As the layout system is dramatically different (it is now fully CSS based), there is no longer an 'afterLayout' type of event. For those rare times when you need to know when the size of a component changes, there is a utility class (Ext.util.SizeMonitor) can do that for you. Unfortunately, this class is relatively new and we are in the process of writing the guide for it's use. But in general you add it as follows:

var mySizeMonitor = new Ext.util.SizeMonitor({
    element: this.elementYouWishToMonitor,
    callback: this.methodYouWishToCallWhenTheSizeChanges,
    scope: this
    });

You also want to have your destroy method clean that up with a mySizeMonitor.destroy().

Answers
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

The documentation needs to be updated. I know the team is working on that this week. I've just been reading source code, looking for fireAction and fireEvent calls.

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jamie Avins's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

We are continuing to work on the documentation to make sure all events are properly documented.

As the layout system is dramatically different (it is now fully CSS based), there is no longer an 'afterLayout' type of event. For those rare times when you need to know when the size of a component changes, there is a utility class (Ext.util.SizeMonitor) can do that for you. Unfortunately, this class is relatively new and we are in the process of writing the guide for it's use. But in general you add it as follows:

var mySizeMonitor = new Ext.util.SizeMonitor({
    element: this.elementYouWishToMonitor,
    callback: this.methodYouWishToCallWhenTheSizeChanges,
    scope: this
    });

You also want to have your destroy method clean that up with a mySizeMonitor.destroy().