Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    abhilashca is on a distinguished road

Question Unchecking checkbox in column header of CheckboxSelectionModel

Unchecking checkbox in column header of CheckboxSelectionModel

Hello,

I have a grid with CheckBoxSelectionModel. Selecting the header checkbox checks all the records and deselecting the checkbox unchecks all the records, of course which is the behavior. My grid has a delete button to delete the selected/all records and is working fine.

Now my problem is, when I check the checkbox at the header (so that entire records will be selected) and hits my delete button, the entire records in the grid is getting deleted. But, the checkbox selection in the column header still remains as checked.

I used the code: grid.getSelectionModel().clearSelections(false); after deletion. I guess, this code is only applicable to records in the grid and has nothing to do with the column header part. Is there any way, I can deselect the chekbox in the header?

On a detailed investigation, I's surprised to know that the checkbox displayed in the CheckBoxSelectionModel is not html checkboxes, but they are images. So my idea of deselecting the checkbox using the DOM concept cannot be applied here. Instead, some kinda CSS trick has to be done.

Does anyone faced such an issue before? Is there any solution for this?
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I wonder! No one tried this yet!

Vote Rating
    darthwes can only hope to improve

I pulled this from the sencha API docs for Ext 3.4. This is the method that fires when you click a column header:
    Code:
    // private    onHdMouseDown :function(e, t){if(t.className =='x-grid3-hd-checker'){            e.stopEvent();var hd =Ext.fly(t.parentNode);var isChecked = hd.hasClass('x-grid3-hd-checker-on');if(isChecked){                hd.removeClass('x-grid3-hd-checker-on');this.clearSelections();}else{                hd.addClass('x-grid3-hd-checker-on');this.selectAll();}}}
    So, call that function on your header with a dummy Ext.Event object or get the header reference and just .removeClass('x-grid3-hd-checker-on') on it...

So probably just a Ext.fly to your header cell, then .removeClass on the aformentioned css class should do the trick. Happy hunting!
    Wes

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hello darthwes,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Let me take a try and will come back soon

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Hello darthwes,
    That was tricky. It working now.

Here is the complete solution for that: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7...r-not-updating

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jpurni is on a distinguished road

Hi ,

I am facing similar issue with TREE GRID. But as tree uses tree store the above code doesnt work. Is there any way to do it in TREE GRID ?

Thread Participants: 2