Looks like we cannot reproduce this. Please provide another test case to reproduce this issue.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kyr0 is on a distinguished road

Default Reproducable iOS Simulator environment crash (forces restart of OS X)

Reproducable iOS Simulator environment crash (forces restart of OS X)

Hi,

I've faced a shocking situation some minutes ago and thats reproducable.
    If you package an App using "sencha package run *.json" with iPad as Device target
    the simulator comes up normally. You can quit the simulator, restart the app - all fine.

But if you choose "Window -> Size -> 100%" and afterwards "Hardware -> Turn right"
    the simulator cannot be started again after you quit the current simulator session.
    No Simulator session at all can be started again. Whatever App you want to simulate (even non-sencha-touch apps, native apps etc.) It quits directly after startup with a popup dialog where you can switch the SDK, quit or try to restart the simulator.

After an OS X restart, all is fine again. I'm running OS X Lion, Xcode 4.1, build 4B110; latest native packager (the one from abe, not the release one).

Thanks & regards

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    justinKohactive is on a distinguished road

This is likely an Xcode bug not a Sencha bug. File it with apple.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kyr0 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure. It only appears for App packed with Sencha command and Sencha Touch in it. Maybe it has something to do with the packager API (Native wrapper JS api internally when chaning the orientation).

It never happens when you do that with a native app. Also doesnt happen with any PhoneGap app. When it only happens with Sencha Touch 2.0 / packager apps... it maybe has something to do with the Sencha Touch / packager / native wrapper code. (Maybe apple will say: "It's not reproducable with our native apps. It has something to do with Sencha's native wrapper"

Vote Rating
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

We'll try to reproduce the problem.

Sencha - Community Support Team edspencer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    edspencer is a jewel in the rough edspencer is a jewel in the rough edspencer is a jewel in the rough

This hasn't had any activity in a long time - I don't think this bug still exists (I cannot reproduce it) so I will close for now. We can reopen if it does still happen
    Ext JS Senior Software Architect
    Personal Blog: http://edspencer.net
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/edspencer
    Github: http://github.com/edspencer