Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about

Default Docs.data is undefined

Docs.data is undefined

I just upgraded my jsDuck installation to 3.8.4 (from 3.1.0) and it the resulting output does not load in the browser (Firefox). I ran it against ExtJS 4.0.5, which is what we're currently using, and excluded all of our local code just to eliminate that as a possibility, but when I try to open it, I just see the Sencha Docs gear animation spinning, and JavaScript reports a Docs.data is undefined error in apps.js.

I incrementally tried different versions, and JSDuck started working again with version 3.7.0. All of the 3.8.* versions failed.

I'm running under Windows, by the way.

Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

Interesting. It might be a Windows issue indeed, as it works just fine for me on Mac. Can't test on Windows at the moment (I'll see into it on Monday), maybe somebody else could confirm this at the mean time.

Is the documentation at docs.sencha.com also failing to load in Firefox? These pages are generated with jsduck 3.9.0.pre which uses ExtJS 4.1 underneath.

Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

I now tested with Windows 7 and Firefox 8 and 11, but saw absolutely no problems. Tried the output of both JSDuck 3.8.4 and 3.9.0.pre - everything seemed to be just fine.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about BillHubbard has a spectacular aura about

Strange. Is there anything that JSDuck depends on that I might already have another version of something installed on my system that could interfere with it? I ran into a problem with JS Builder in the Sencha SDK Tools where I had PhantomJS installed and JS Builder didn't work, because it was trying to use my (newer) version of PhantomJS.

Here's something I did notice in console:
    [exec] C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/1.9.1/json/common.rb:216:in `match': invalid byte sequence in UTF-8 (ArgumentError)
    [exec] from C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/1.9.1/json/common.rb:216:in `generate'
    [exec] from C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/1.9.1/json/common.rb:216:in `generate'
    [exec] from C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/jsduck-3.8.4/lib/jsduck/json_duck.rb:32:in `generate'
    [exec] from C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/jsduck-3.8.4/lib/jsduck/app_data.rb:19:in `write'
    [exec] from C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/jsduck-3.8.4/lib/jsduck/app.rb:65:in `run'
    [exec] from C:/DOCUME~1/WHUBBA~2.SAB/LOCALS~1/Temp/ocr11B.tmp/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/jsduck-3.8.4/bin/jsduck:26:in `<main>'
    Last edited by BillHubbard; 16 Apr 2012 at 5:10 PM. Reason: Additional info

Vote Rating

OK, now it makes sense. Since 3.8 the Windows version uses Ruby 1.9 which is a lot more stricter when it comes to encodings.

So my guess is that at least one of your input files is not in UTF-8 encoding. If you are using some other encoding, you should specify it with --encoding option. Otherwise try to find out which file is causing the problem.

Vote Rating

JSDuck 3.9 now available

There's only one but important change: the JS is now using Ext JS 4.1.

The docs.sencha.com have been using JSDuck 3.9.0.pre for some time now, and I've patched a few additional things since then, so this release should be fairly solid.

Full changelog

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hmm. Well, I'm running it against ExtJS 4.0.5, so it must be a file in there. Perhaps I just need to wait until we upgrade to 4.0.7 or 4.1 before upgrading JSDuck.

Vote Rating
    ykey has a spectacular aura about ykey has a spectacular aura about

I am noticing a small CSS issue with 3.9. If you make the docs width small enough there is no left padding/margin on the class hierarchy section.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shmeltex is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by renku View Post
    The problem is in Ext.History, which explicitly sets the hash on top window. I'll have to investigate if there is a reason for doing this.
    With the move to 4.1 jsduck can be made iframe-friendly by setting
    Code:
    Ext.util.History.useTopWindow = false
    Works like a charm!

Thank you for all hard work you put into it!

Vote Rating

Thanks shmeltex, I've incorporated this change.