Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

JSDuck supports just standard Markdown, so no special syntax for tables. But as Markdown allows embedding HTML, you can just use HTML tables.

For the general Markdown syntax, just see the canonical reference: http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Mosely will become famous soon enough

Default Thanks

Thanks

Thanks again! The more I use this thing, the more I heart it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default nice to have features

nice to have features

I came across an earlier post where a user had asked for nested guides. We're transforming a lot of existing content into the JSDuck framework so this would be a really nice feature to have for us. Just one more level would be perfect.

The other thing that I'd like to do is to place some of my guide content in the API tab. Is this possible? The reason is that some of the guides I'm transforming into the framework are C APIs, so the experience is a little bit disjointed.

Thanks in advance.

Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

Indeed, multiple nesting levels have been asked for repeatedly. I've created an issue for that, though I don't know when I will get into implementing it. https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues/215

If you're documenting a C API, then I guess you could just document it as a made-up class (e.g. "@class C_API") like in Sencha docs you can find Global_CSS "class" that lists some global SASS variables and mixins.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

So you're saying that I could use the --categories option to point to a JSON file where this is specified?

Code:
      {
                       "name": "MyClasses",
                       "classes": [
                           "Myclass.html"                                    
                       ]
      },
    Like that? Would that allow me to put a collapsible book inside the API ref tab?

Vote Rating

No, no...

What I meant was, that you could turn your guide into class documentation:

Code:
    /**
    @class MyClass

... your guide content here ...

*/

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Schlurcher is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to force JSDuck to include classes even if there is no java doc style comment sitting on top, like say, in files generated by Sencha Architect?

Vote Rating

Short answer: no.

I have such a feature in plans for the future, but not for now.

Vote Rating

JSDuck 4 beta 2

Finally I've managed to sort out the Windows performance problems that the first beta had. The windows binary for beta 2 comes bundled with v8 library which will improve parsing speed many-fold. Consequently the JRuby version has been discontinued (it was an experiment for improving the performance in different way, but that didn't succeed).

The beta 2 brings two large features:

- Support for enumerations using @enum tag (documentation)

- Auto-generation of @since tags (documentation)

Plus of course lots of little bugfixes and enhancements since the last beta.

Installation instructions and more...

As always, any feedback will be most appreciated. This is most likely the last beta release before final 4.0.

Vote Rating
    burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough burnnat is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by renku View Post
    The windows binary for beta 2 comes bundled with v8 library which will improve parsing speed many-fold.
    Is there a way to use this v8 library on Windows without using the standalone JSDuck binary? I've been using the regular jsduck 3.x rubygem with Ruby+DevKit on Windows for some time, but don't want to have to switch to using the EXE for performance to be bearable in 4.x...