Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

It is clumsy, I agree. But currently there is no other way to achieve that besides copying it manually.

I've added an issue for that.

Vote Rating
    Tim Toady is a jewel in the rough Tim Toady is a jewel in the rough Tim Toady is a jewel in the rough Tim Toady is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, Renku. I appreciate your great work. One thing I found that works for my situation is specifying the --eg-iframe config and making the ext references point to the same directory that my app uses relative to the output folder. It may not be the right solution for everyone, but it seems to work well for me for the time being.

Edit:
    On the local filesystem, this approach only works in Firefox and IE

Vote Rating
    howest525 is on a distinguished road

Renku is god!

Vote Rating
    renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold renku is a splendid one to behold

JSDuck 5.3.0 released

I'm happy to introduce a parser cache, which can speed up the docs generation up to 2x.

When caching is enabled (witch --cache switch) the results of parsing source files are saved inside JSDuck output directory. Next time JSDuck runs, only the files that have changed are parsed again, others are read from cache. A --cache-dir option can be used to specify a different location for storing the cache.

This release also adds a new tag: @experimental.

And there's also a fix for a crash when parsing JS get/set syntax.

Changelog.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    zonaib is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by renku View Post
    JSDuck 5.3.0 released

I'm happy to introduce a parser cache, which can speed up the docs generation up to 2x.

When caching is enabled (witch --cache switch) the results of parsing source files are saved inside JSDuck output directory. Next time JSDuck runs, only the files that have changed are parsed again, others are read from cache. A --cache-dir option can be used to specify a different location for storing the cache.

This release also adds a new tag: @experimental.

And there's also a fix for a crash when parsing JS get/set syntax.

Changelog.
    Excellent work

Vote Rating

JSDuck 5.3.2 released

This important update patches XSS vulnerability on print pages.

There are also improvements to the handling of --warnings.

Changelog.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Morfi is on a distinguished road

Hi.

I tried to find within your wiki as well as by analysing the code, how to add your own icon for new BooleanTag which should stand near class.

Example:
    I tried to create a @controller boolean tag and choose my own icon instead of default blue/red box.

I came only up to this solution but this is very very bad and does not handle left-side menu.
    Do I have to apply it within JSDuck source code and recompile it or is there any hack for that?

Code:
    require "jsduck/tag/boolean_tag"

class Controller < JsDuck::Tag::BooleanTag
        def initialize
            @pattern = "controller"
            @tagname = :sssssssssss
            @signature = {:long => "controller"}
            @css = <<-EOCSS
            .signature .controller {
                color: #929292;
                letter-spacing: 0;
                margin-left: 10px;
                font-size: 0.5em;
                background: none;
            }

#center-container div[id^="classheader"] h1:not(.singleton) .class-source-link
            {
                background: url(../../images/atom.jpg) no-repeat 0 -5px !important;
            }
            EOCSS
            super
        end
    end

Vote Rating

As you correctly noticed - this is currently not easily achievable. There are currently three hard-coded icons to distinguish between normal, singleton classes, and components. You would need to edit several jsduck source files (Ruby, JS, SCSS) as the logic for this is scattered around.

There's however an issue already open for this kind of functionality: https://github.com/senchalabs/jsduck/issues/456

And as there is now more than one person asking for this kind of feature, I might get around to implementing it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Morfi is on a distinguished road

Thanks for very fast reply renku. Thank you for this awesome piece of software!

Vote Rating

JSDuck 6 beta released

The 6th major release comes with a proper SCSS parser to enhance the support of documenting SCSS variables and mixins. It's using the official SASS library internally.

Command line options parsing has had a great overhaul and many of the options have been made more flexible without breaking backwards-compatibility. There's a new --guides-toc-level option to tweak how many headings should be included to guides tables of contents.

Regarding breaking things, the default list of external classes now only contains the core JavaScript classes like Object and Array. Browser API classes like HTMLElement, XMLHttpRequest and Window are no more defined as external by default and one will get a warning when referencing these classes without having them defined or declared with --external. However, there's a new special syntax --external=@browser, which populates the list of external classes with a myriad of common browser builtins.

Parameters now also get tagged with version info when doing the automatic versions comparison with --import option.

Custom tags can take advantage of @class_icon to define custom icons for classes. The mechanism is used internally to display different icons for singletons and components.

For details, see the full changelog.

Note. To install the beta, run: gem install --pre jsduck