Threaded View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gretchen23 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Datefield validation

Answered: Datefield validation

Hello,

I have a datefield on my form. Right now, my date field allows me to type random text/numbers. Is there a way I could force the user to type/select only date in that field. Looking for something similar to forceSelection on a combobox. Please advise.

Thank you.

2. For masking the datefield, you need to create a custom vtype and provide it with a regular expression which container permissible characters as per your date format.

Though, just to share that if a user enters values as random text/numbers in a datefield, then that fields is marked as invalid by default, and also the form does not get submitted (provided you have used form.isValid() check before form submission). This way user can get to know that she has typed in wrong characters.

In force selection too, a user is allowed to type in a value, though, on blur, that value is validated against the store and removed if not existing.

Similarly, you can also do the same in datefield by calling a function on blur event and validate the date and remove it if format is wrong.

Thread Participants: 1