Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    boboka is on a distinguished road

Default 4.1-pr1 increases vertical toolbar width for every button click

4.1-pr1 increases vertical toolbar width for every button click

For some reason, 4.1-pr1 widens the vertical toolbar somewhat (maybe a horizontal scrollbar worth of pixels) every time I click on a button inside the toolbar. It does that infinitely as the buttons are clicked.

Used a Designer simple project to test this, it works properly in 4.0.7 and 4.0.2a .

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying the 'Vertical Toolbars' example and I don't see this behavior. I do see the separators not really aligning like I would expect though.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all dongryphon is a name known to all

Can you post the code and the browser you are testing?
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    boboka is on a distinguished road

Did some more testing and closed in a little further to the problem.
    It seems the problem occurs when we do a ".setText()" or ".update()" on a button or tbtext within the toolbar.

Ex:
    Code:
        onMenuBtnToggle: function(btn, pressed){
          if (btn.pressed){
            btn.setText('Something');  //this causes the vertical toolbar to increase width horizontally
            tbtext1.update('<span style="color:orange">Something Else</span>'); //or this causes it too
          };
        }//onMenuBtnToggle
    Not sure this matters, but the vertical toolbar has a few "tbtext" objects and also some "buttons" which are
    Code:
    enableToggle: true,
    toggleGroup: 'menu'
    The problem happens in all browsers I've tried (IE8, Opera, FF, Chromium)

Thread Participants: 2