Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    boboka is on a distinguished road

Default 4.1-pr1 increases vertical toolbar width for every button click

4.1-pr1 increases vertical toolbar width for every button click

For some reason, 4.1-pr1 widens the vertical toolbar somewhat (maybe a horizontal scrollbar worth of pixels) every time I click on a button inside the toolbar. It does that infinitely as the buttons are clicked.

Used a Designer simple project to test this, it works properly in 4.0.7 and 4.0.2a .

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying the 'Vertical Toolbars' example and I don't see this behavior. I do see the separators not really aligning like I would expect though.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of dongryphon has much to be proud of

Can you post the code and the browser you are testing?
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    boboka is on a distinguished road

Did some more testing and closed in a little further to the problem.
    It seems the problem occurs when we do a ".setText()" or ".update()" on a button or tbtext within the toolbar.

Ex:
    Code:
        onMenuBtnToggle: function(btn, pressed){
          if (btn.pressed){
            btn.setText('Something');  //this causes the vertical toolbar to increase width horizontally
            tbtext1.update('<span style="color:orange">Something Else</span>'); //or this causes it too
          };
        }//onMenuBtnToggle
    Not sure this matters, but the vertical toolbar has a few "tbtext" objects and also some "buttons" which are
    Code:
    enableToggle: true,
    toggleGroup: 'menu'
    The problem happens in all browsers I've tried (IE8, Opera, FF, Chromium)

Thread Participants: 2