Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    rynam0 is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: FormPanel submit JSON

Answered: FormPanel submit JSON

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to configure a FormPanel's submit() to send a content-type other than application/x-www-form-urlencoded. I know ExtJs allows you to change the type of submission the forms make, but can we somehow set a FormPanel to submit a Content-Type of application/json and change the default accept header as well?

Thanks in advance!
    -Ryan

2. We have nothing implement this for. You could could subclass FormPanel and change the behaviour. Basicly you would create the json string on your on, put it into a hidden field and submit only that one.

Software Architect
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

We have nothing implement this for. You could could subclass FormPanel and change the behaviour. Basicly you would create the json string on your on, put it into a hidden field and submit only that one.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Thanks, Sven:

I was hoping for the equivalent functionality offered by ExtJs forms. I think I may try out your suggestion.

Thanks again,
    -Ryan

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

I'm fairly certain that even ExtJS only supports that functionality when doing a AJAX post, not a standard form post. Html forms only have a few formats they support, and JSON is not one of them.

To make a custom AJAX call, the GWT class RequestBuilder is used.

Take the model bound to your form, pass it through JsonConverter.encode to get a JSONObject, and call toString() on that to get the json data. This can be sent to the server in any way you choose, including via RequestBuilder. HttpProxy can be instructed to use this: Override HttpProxy.generateUrl to serialize to JSON as described above, and make sure the standard RequestBuilder given is told to use POST as the method.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, you are correct about ExtJs AJAX posts but the feature I was speaking to was the ability to pass the jsonData config. Anyway, I did almost exactly as you suggested with RequestBuilder except I extended FormPanel and overrode submit utilizing RequestBuilder. This is an acceptable solution as I get the benefits of FormPanel mixed with REST calls.

Thanks for your input once again!

Software Architect
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

If you are not using a normal form submit, you should not use a FormPanel at all, as this one adds an extra overhead which you not require in that case.

Thread Participants: 2

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar