Answers
    Vote Rating
    SunboX has a spectacular aura about SunboX has a spectacular aura about

Question Answered: How to tell Ext.data.reader.Reader to use state code 200 as successProperty?

Answered: How to tell Ext.data.reader.Reader to use state code 200 as successProperty?

Hi, I want to fetch data with JsonP from an foreign Server-API. It returns for success:
    Code:
    {"state":200,"results":[...]}
    and in case of an failure, something like this:
    Code:
    {"state":402,"message":"Please provide a valid ..."}
    Now Ext.data.reader.Reader expects an boolean for successProperty. How will I tell the reader, that all worked fine, if state = 200?

I think of something like this:
    Code:
    Ext.define('App.model.CoolModel', {    extend: 'Ext.data.Model',
        fields: [
            {name: 'id', type: 'string'},
        ],
        proxy: {
            type: 'jsonp',
            url: 'http://xyz/search/coolapi.json',
            reader: {
                type: 'json',

success: function(data) {
                    return data.state == 200;
                },

root: 'results'
            }
        }
    });
    could someone please point me the right direction? thx Sunny

2. You will have to override the proxy in the processResponse method. There is a check where result.success !== false, that's where it checks to see if the success property is true/false. So after the result variable get's filled with data from the reader, you will need to set result.success.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The successProperty is expecting a boolean value... 200 is truthy in javascript but so is 500 or 402
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Yes, makes sense. But how do I tell the reader that response state = 200 is success?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to override the proxy in the processResponse method. There is a check where result.success !== false, that's where it checks to see if the success property is true/false. So after the result variable get's filled with data from the reader, you will need to set result.success.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Answers
    Vote Rating

Thumbs up

Ah, ok great. Thanks!

Thread Participants: 1