Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    kalor is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Android dev with Ext Designer

Unanswered: Android dev with Ext Designer

Hi guys,

I'm on a steep learning curve devleoping an android phone app (with a view to other platforms) on PC using sensha touch and phonegap.

I have a test app which retrieves json data from my server and fills a list. An item can be selected and a details FormPanel comes up. It all works fine.

I'm now trying to add custom formatting to the formpanel (fields in multiple columns, a row of buttons, that sort of thing). Ext Designer seemed to be made for this, but when I copy the code to my app most of it doesn't seem to work. Instead of a textfield 'label', Ext Designer creates 'fieldLabel', it doesn't seem to recognise a child hbox panel with a row of buttons at all... am I using the wrong tool? How does everyone else format their forms?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Which version of Ext.Designer are you using?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    kalor is on a distinguished road

1.2.2-48.

The reason "most of it doesn't seem to work" is that the code the designer is creating is ExtJS not Sencha Touch. Is there a way to change it?

Thread Participants: 1