Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mrduck is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: A message or html when the chart is empty

Unanswered: A message or html when the chart is empty

Good day guys,

I'm working on a great Sencha Touch app and I'm using Sencha Charts too. It's my first project with Sencha, so it's new, exciting, but some things are pretty hard to get.

The following thing is pretty important for a good user experience, but I didn't find a solution on my own. When you have a ListPanel, you can use "emptyText" so show some text when the list is empty. In ordinary panels you can you can use the "html" parameter to do the same.

What's the best way to do this with a Chart? I couldn't find a config parameter which allows me to show some text (or html) when there is no data. Right now the screen just stays clear.

Can anyone help me out with this? Thank you.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There is no out of the box way to do it.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Tod is on a distinguished road

Please consider adding this feature to charts.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    Naga is on a distinguished road

You can check the store count and if it's less than zero then you can display a Popup showing something like "there is no data for the chart".