Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kigr0003 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Download ItemSelector.js and MultiSelect.js

Unanswered: Download ItemSelector.js and MultiSelect.js

Hi,

I am new bie to ExtJS 4. I am trying to use MultiSelect and ItemSelector components in my application.
    These are not available in standard ExtJS distribution. Can you please let me know where can I download these components. These are under 'ux' package.

Thanks,
    Kiran.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Everything in the examples are part of the download. If it's not part of the library (like ItemSelector and MultiSelect) then it is going to be housed in the examples/ux/ folder. Look under the form folder there. You could have looked at the source of the example and found them that way also.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    kigr0003 is on a distinguished road

Thank you very much! But I am wondering why MultiSelect item is not provided out of the box and as part of standard distribution just like any other component like button, textfield...Is there any particular reason for it.
    Your response is highly appreciated.

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

There can be all sorts of reasons why components are included as examples rather than as parts of the library itself. Usually it's because the components don't have quite the same level of polish, configurability and extensibility as the rest of the library. Rather than refuse to release useful components on those grounds they are included as official extensions. Many of these components get tidied up and promoted to the main library over time.

I would suspect this is the reason in the case of those two components.

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if MultiSelect gets pulled into the main library at some point. Visually it's very clean and it complements the existing form fields nicely. ItemSelector, on the other hand, strikes me as a pragmatic solution to a difficult problem but not one that would sit comfortably in the library. It's just a bit too clunky.

Thread Participants: 2