Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    havelock is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Strange "Diagonal Blanking" of animation in Safari

Strange "Diagonal Blanking" of animation in Safari

Sencha Animator for the most part works beautifully for our purposes.

However, we have encountered a mysterious effect when running an animation on Safari on the Mac or iPad. A diagonal blanking effect obscures part of the image. The animation loops infinitely, so it blanks for awhile, then shows in full again, then blanks again.

This effect does not appear running in Chrome. We put a screencap here: http://demo.aerbook.com/senchasafari/
    Sencha Animator 1.0 Build 41 on Safari 5.1.1. Note that it runs quite smoothly; the odd hue and jerkiness are due to the screencap.

Happy to send along the project file if that would help - not at liberty to post it publicly, but could email it, etc. We just discovered this problem, days from deadline! Glad it was discovered, but still mystified. We tried deleting various elements, and were able to stop the effect if we deleted the static background upon which the various layers move. But that produced another effect: "Ripple" layers behind the coconut appeared atop the coconut.

I know, sounds odd. But you'll see what I mean about coconuts, ripples, and diagonal blanks when you view the video. Thanks for any help you might provide us!

Ron

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a Safari problem keeping up.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

havelock,
    If you PM the project file I'll take a brief look at it.

*Update*: For those interested, this was a 3D issue. The object in question had a rotation applied around the X & Y axis during part of the animation, causing part of the object to appear behind the background.