Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    manilodisan is on a distinguished road

Default sencha: command not found

sencha: command not found

I installed the linux version of the SDK tools and when I open a command line window and type sencha it says: sencha: command not found

I even installed with sudo in front of it to make sure I'm not doing it wrong. Installer works ok, it creates the uninstaller and everything but 'sencha' is not found. Any idea why is that?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Your path didn't get updated?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    manilodisan is on a distinguished road

Probably not, how do I check?

Vote Rating
    bclinton will become famous soon enough

I'm not a linux guru, but maybe the problem is that you used sudo to install the tools so it updated the root user's path and not the user you are logged in as when trying to use the tools?

Try this:
    Code:
    sudo su
    echo $PATH
    and see if the path is set there.

You probably just need to do this to get things to work (when logged in as your normal user):
    Code:
    export PATH=$PATH:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/command:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/appbuilder:/opt/SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/jsbuilder
    (adjusting that for any differences in your actual path)

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    heisenburger is on a distinguished road

Hmm, I don't have this problem when I am my own user ... but I do when I try to run sencha cmd as root with
    Code:
    sudo sencha
    This is problematic when I try to run the tutorial command
    Code:
    sencha fs web -p 80 start -map /path/to/sencha/folder/
    because I get errors that my jetty server can't start because the permission is denied... I'm sure it's simple to get the command to be recognized by the sudo user (Ubuntu!).