firmepaza is on a distinguished road

Default IE

IE

Did you try on IE 9 ?

Vote Rating
    castitas is on a distinguished road

From pg 1
    Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    In this case the listener function is created once and stored on the class. Each instance will share the same function. The overhead for creating the function is incurred just once and there's no risk of a leaky closure. Even better, this style of coding makes it easy for subclasses to change the listener with a simple override.
    How is that different from putting
    Code:
         listeners: {
            load: function(store, records, success){
            }
        }
    on the store? Is the function attached to the store in that case, or is it created each time?
    word

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brohit4 is on a distinguished road

Default Is there anyway to render Ext components in a dataview without a defered render?

Is there anyway to render Ext components in a dataview without a defered render?

Defered render is eating my time out

Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

First of all, thank you all for sharing your experience!

Quote Originally Posted by skirtle View Post
    A common myth is that xtypes provide a performance boost through lazy-instantiation. In general this is not true. As soon as you add an xtype-config to a container it will instantiate the full component, even if it isn't visible.

Whilst xtypes have many great uses they usually have no measurable impact upon application performance or resource consumption.
    Interesting! It means that the "XTypes and Lazy Instantiation" chapter of this guide should be corrected.
    http://docs.sencha.com/ext-js/4-1/#!/guide/components

For example, it says the following in the comments within the code sample.
    // Explicitly define the xtype of this Component configuration.
    // This tells the Container (the tab panel in this case)
    // to instantiate a Ext.panel.Panel when it deems necessary
    Maybe, it just mixes up the "instantiation" and "rendering" terms?

Anyway, your statement and the guide conflict
    Ext.NET - ASP.NET for Ext JS
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

No, it will instantiate when needed, when the parent container is created it needs to have it's children instantiated. If you have this:

Code:
    Ext.define('MyForm', {
        extend : 'Ext.form.Panel',
        xtype : 'myform',

items : [
            { xtype : 'textfield', fieldLabel : 'One' }
        ]
    });
    So the field instance is of course not created because there is no instance of MyForm. So if we create an instance of MyForm:

Code:
    Ext.create('MyForm');
    It will create the instance of the field automatically. Notice I didn't tell MyForm to render at all but the field instance will be created. The child items are not instantiated on rendering, they are instantiated when the container is instantiated.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Vote Rating
    Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all Daniil is a name known to all

Mitchell, thank you for the clarification! It is clear.

Though, I think, the guide really can lead to some misunderstanding. For example, here:
    This is where xtypes come in handy by allowing a Container's children to be configured up front, but not instantiated until the Container determines it is necessary.
    Instantiating a Container causes its children to be instantiated. So, I am not sure what "until the Container determines it is necessary" really means. Is "rendering" meant here?

Or, maybe, it is all about the class definition? Well, yes, I expect all to be not instantiated just after the class definition

Well, generally, all seems clear for me now. Just I am talking about some inconsistency in the guide.
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter

Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

No, rendering is not meant. When you are defining a class, you wouldn't want instances to be made until that class is created so xtypes are handy for that.

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Vote Rating

Sure.

Interesting, does something like "instantiation on rendering stage" make sense?
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Daniil View Post
    Sure.

Interesting, does something like "instantiation on rendering stage" make sense?
    No, it has nothing to do with rendering. A component doesn't have to be rendered like my example with the form and field. When an instance of the form is created, it requires it's children to be instantiated regardless of if the form is being rendered or not.

Vote Rating

Yes, it is how the things are now.

But I am rather talking about a possible enhancement. Does it really need to instantiate something if it might not be rendered at all?
    MVC and WebForms
    Examples | Twitter