Hybrid View

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elcalibano is on a distinguished road

Default Combining Animations from Different Projects into one new project

Combining Animations from Different Projects into one new project

I've created several character animations, made up of lots of animated parts, in different project files. Is it possible to combine these characters into a new animation. Without having to do some work-around editing of an HTML file. In other words, can you do this in Sencha? Take a bunch of grouped/nested objects, already animated and copy and paste them or somehow get them into another animation?

Vote Rating
    arnebech will become famous soon enough

Parts (but not animations) can be added to your library and exported/imported though it.

If you want to move animations across projects, you could try to copy/paste them from project to project, however, images will not copy over, so you would have to go to your image objects and add the image again or go to your project folder and copy over the image assets manually.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    elcalibano is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure what you mean, copy and paste them from project to project. Let's take the following example. Let's
    say I have a monkey in one project, and that monkey is made up of separate objects for eyes, face, mouth, arms, legs, all grouped/nested together (I call them containers now since the Beta version called them containers). So, I name that nest Monkey Container. I've got keyframes on all those object layers, rotating them, moving the positions, to bring that monkey to life, let's say, have him walking from what appears to be far away to up close (which I do by keyframing the scaling). Now, in another project, for whatever reason, I've created this separately, perhaps thinking it'd go with some other concept, I have a jungle scene with lots of separate layers of trees, leaves, vines, etc. all also moving, saying swaying in the wind. Now, I want to add that moving monkey to the scene. I can't just click on the "container" or nest and copy and paste that. It doesn't appear that I can even command click on multiple keyframes to copy those, as one might in After Effects. So, I understand that I can use the same pieces that make up the monkey, and animate them again. But what I'm saying is, after spending all the time getting the money to move in exactly the way I want, I would love to be able to not have to recreate that animation.

On another note, another question. Let's say I have multiple animations in an app.

If there is some recurring asset, let's say it's the hypothetical monkey illustration, and it's named monkey.png, and I have at least two animations that both use the exact same image. Can I just have this one money.png file and import it into these two separate projects, and export those HTML files, where they'd be pulling the images from the asset folder, which would have just that one money.png file? Do I have to have two separate files, basically a duplicate of one image, with different names? monkey1.png and monkey2.png? Or if it's in the library then it can just be the one file? If the code in the HTML file just calls up a particular image at a particular time, wouldn't each animation that uses that monkey.png file just call it up when needed? Why does it even need to go through the library?

The way the folders are set up is that all the assets are in one big folder that the various html files/animations pull from.

Quote Originally Posted by arnebech View Post
    Parts (but not animations) can be added to your library and exported/imported though it.

If you want to move animations across projects, you could try to copy/paste them from project to project, however, images will not copy over, so you would have to go to your image objects and add the image again or go to your project folder and copy over the image assets manually.

Thread Participants: 2