Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ganda is on a distinguished road

Question Unanswered: Failed on Deploying ExtGWT-Spring project on Eclipse

Unanswered: Failed on Deploying ExtGWT-Spring project on Eclipse

Hi all.

I'm developing your application using UI technologies Ext-GWT version 2.x and Spring Framework. Previously I imported an existing project, and then make some changes in the interface. After I did the "Run on Server" using Eclipse Indigo, it turns out the changes that I did, is not happening. Interface remains as usual. I try to print something on the Main panel, also did not display anything on the console, while if I do print something on the back-end that using Spring Framework (still on the same eclipse project), something is printed in the console.

Is there anyone ever experienced the same problem? How is the solution to this problem?
    I've tried deleting all the files in the build folder, to be "forced" to get a compilation of new classes, it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestion, clue, will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ganda View Post
    Hi all.

I'm developing your application using UI technologies Ext-GWT version 2.x and Spring Framework. Previously I imported an existing project, and then make some changes in the interface. After I did the "Run on Server" using Eclipse Indigo, it turns out the changes that I did, is not happening. Interface remains as usual. I try to print something on the Main panel, also did not display anything on the console, while if I do print something on the back-end that using Spring Framework (still on the same eclipse project), something is printed in the console.

Is there anyone ever experienced the same problem? How is the solution to this problem?
    I've tried deleting all the files in the build folder, to be "forced" to get a compilation of new classes, it did not solve the problem.

Any suggestion, clue, will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    I mean an application...

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light Colin Alworth is a glorious beacon of light

GWT code is compiled not just to .class files, but to javascript, which should be served by your webserver to the browser. Any logging calls written in client code won't automatically be printed to the server's console, as they are running on the web browser in javascript, not on the server.

If using maven or ant, there should be a goal/target in your build stuff that runs the compile. If just using the eclipse plugin, make sure to click the GWT Compile button. Beyond that, you'll need to make sure your page correctly loads the js files.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your answer. It solved. Like you replied, I tried to GWT compile the source code its working awesomely now.

Thread Participants: 1