Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ueland is on a distinguished road

Question Best way to auto load more data into a grid

Best way to auto load more data into a grid

Hi!

I have been playing with the idea to get data auto loaded into a grid when the user scrolls towards the bottom. I added a listener for scrollevents on the grid and could load more data into it, but:

1) I cannot append data to the grid, only load data again with N more rows. Is there a append feature i have not seen?

2) When the data is loaded, it auto-scrolls back to the top, which again triggers the scroll-event. How can i keep the user at the location he/she was at? It feels a bit hacky to save location before loading more data and it wont work well since a mouse scroll will trigger the listener many times before new data is loaded.

Is there something better to use, perhaps liveGrid?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have docs for Ext JS 2 but in Ext JS 3, in the load method you can pass a config object and one of the configs is 'add' which if set to true it will append the data instead of replacing the current dataset.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Ueland is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestion!

I did a test with LiveGrid and it works just as i want to, and it gives me the wanted features without giving the issue with the browser jumping back to the top of the grid.

Thread Participants: 1