Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough lorezyra will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by astrocybernaute View Post
    few weeks to get the pr2!!OMG
    so when can we expect the final 4.1??

if thats true that will screw our whole project..all efforts and time spent in it so that we wouldnt be able to lunch in time!
    im soo frustrated
    I hate it when I can't "lunch on time!"

Never, ever, expect hard-line, written in stone Dates of Release from Sencha... If you base your project off of the latest release dates, your project will either fail or completely miss the deadline.
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!
    ================================================
    And here are my terms...
    1. I don't care if you use my source code. (Known as "Code.")
    2. I don't care if I get any monetary compensation.
    3. I do care to receive credit for Code provided. So, please keep my name in the comments for Code provided.
    4. Code is provided without warranty "AS-IS" and I claim absolutely no warranty nor liability to the quality, security, and run-ability on any platform.
    5. By using Code, you accept all risk inherit with Code regardless if Code has known and yet to be discovered bugs.
    6. You are welcome to change and improve the Code to best meet your needs.
    7. I don't care if you use the Code in a commercial or open-source project.
    8. You are not required to contact me prior to using the Code.
    ================================================
    Simple. Enjoy.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    _matias_ is on a distinguished road

@lorezyra,

forgive me if I misunderstand you but you seem to imply that it is buergi's or astrocybernaute's expectations that were unreasonable. Though in hindsight you seem to be right about this, there should be, between the current mess and a perfect platform, ample space for a release that is at least deployable for IE, Chrome and FF business cases while waiting for improvements to roll in.

In my case, I have been evaluating ExtJs 4 for 8 months, having to reassess my evaluation all the time since the platform is moving all the time. Thankfully, it seems to be moving forward, even though this might not be the opinion of those mainly interested in how its performance compares with that of ExtJs2 and 3. I can be thankful that the approval of the big assignment I am preparing for, has been put off month after month just like the decision for me of whether to go with ExtJs or not.

It seems you are right about the risks of taking Sencha's release dates without, I would say, at least 6 months' worth of salt. Up to the limit of the failure of one's project, it is better to wait than to get something not quite right quickly, but Sencha should make very clear right now to every prospective client that they might not have anything ready before several months

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    buergi is on a distinguished road

We waited at least 6 months, before we started to use Ext JS 4.0.7.

To call this an official release is an insult to everybody. They have still over 100 critical bugs... Hello????

Vote Rating
    ykey has a spectacular aura about ykey has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    Updates:

Today we have 107 active bugs. This past week our incoming bug rate is very close to our bug fix rate, and we are expecting the incoming bug rate to decline.

Also, I have attached a list of bugs that we are addressing for Beta. This is a working document so it changes. We'll publish a final bug list once the beta build becomes stable.

I am hoping that we will get a weekly update to this to help us get an idea of their pace on 4.1

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Edmund is on a distinguished road

Default 2011-11-23 Updates

2011-11-23 Updates

Our beta bug count continues to be high, about the same level as last week, at 105 bugs. Stability is still an issue. I’ve attached the bug list as a reference. Keep in mind that this is a working document and subject to change.

We heard the request for another preview, and the team is evaluating that option. We will let you know once we make that decision. Our main concern is not to get distracted from our goal of releasing a public beta.

Regarding release timeline: 4.1 GA will not be available before the end of the year. We currently do not have an estimate because our main focus is to get a stable 4.1 beta out. And we will release a beta as soon as we knocked down all the instability bugs.
    Attached Files
    Edmund Leung
    Sencha Product Management

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

stable 4.1
    Now you're talking.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    zombeerose will become famous soon enough zombeerose will become famous soon enough

@Edmund

Thanks for the follow-up!

What is the probability of getting SVN access to the 4.1 branch?

Access to Development SVN

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Edmund is on a distinguished road

@zombeerose
    There is currently a bug blocking SVN build. It's one of the 105 unresolved bugs that we are tracking for the beta:
    EXTJSIV-4327 building from SVN fails
    Edmund Leung
    Sencha Product Management

Sencha - Support Team scottmartin's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future scottmartin has a brilliant future

There is currently a bug blocking SVN build. It's one of the 105 unresolved bugs that we are tracking for the beta:
    I believe the question at hand is when will we get access to the SVN/GIT, not what version currently exists. Access has been non-existent for ExtJS4

Regards,
    Scott.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rich02818 is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
    @zombeerose
    It isn't necessary to be able to do a build to benefit from access to SVN. The ability to see what changes are made against the various bugs/issues can be very valuable....not to mention such access has been paid for by many of us. There is no unsolvable technical reason to hide the source code, it must be a management decision.