Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rickybobby is on a distinguished road

Question Release Date Estimate Request

Release Date Estimate Request

In order to plan most of us need to know when 4.1 is going to be released. 4.0 is not usable because of the performance problems. This is not breaking news, nor is it a criticism. We all know this is a hard release to get out, and we all know the pressure is on. Anyone who is seasoned has been through this and can relate. We feel your pain and know you guys are working your asses off doing a tremendous job!

A lot of us worked very hard upgrading from 3.0 to 4.0 because we believe in the features, and the new architecture, however, a lot of us are on hold for the moment as well as our customers. It’s probably a management decision not to post a 4.1 release date—we all have to deal with management decisions—but not posting an estimated date I believe could ultimately hurt your relationship with customers. Offering more transparency would go a long way to helping us cope. The vast majority of us are reasonable and can take bad news (and dish it out to our bosses/customers when we fall behind).

Please? Even if it’s just a guess, plus or minus a few weeks, or even a, "Not before ..." or "No later than...".

Thanks guys, keep up the awesomeness!!!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    lager is on a distinguished road

+1

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    zombeerose will become famous soon enough zombeerose will become famous soon enough

+1

Any chance premium members can get svn access for 4.1PR?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    rickybobby is on a distinguished road

Vote Rating
    nomack84 will become famous soon enough

Or at least have a more frequently release cycle. That give us an idea of the development state.
    4.1-PR1 was released 3 weeks ago, and I'm sure many of us want to have fresh news.
    Ext is terrific!!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Some info on 4.1.0 in SVN....

Historically, we have tried to only allow the version that is beta. So when 4.1.0 beta comes out, it should make it's way to SVN. I'm sure you know that this is the bleeding edge code that is in SVN so it may be a bumpy road is some cases. Personally, I update my local git repo couple times a day and I have no problems I couldn't easily correct.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.