Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bkgrover is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Leading zeros in numberfield (Ext.form.field.Number) in 4.x

Unanswered: Leading zeros in numberfield (Ext.form.field.Number) in 4.x

I'm trying to extend the numberfield to have leading zeros and wanted to see if anybody has done this before.
    I would like to have a hour, minute, and seconds fields that allow the user to enter a single number and the form field format the entry with leading zero. (i.e. The user enters 5 and tabs to the next field then the UI would show 05)

I've search the forum and found some related post but none for the extjs 4.x.

Here are some previous posts...
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?37139-Ext.ux.NumberFieldLeadingZeroes

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?22233-Prevent-stripping-of-Leading-Zero-s-in-NumberField

Answers
    Vote Rating
    tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all tobiu is a name known to all

both approaches should also work for ext 4. in case you want to migrate my ux to ext 4, you will need to take a look at the new setValue method and adjust changes (should be quite easy).

using a textfield with the maskRe - config set to
    Code:
    maskRe:/\d/
    is also ok. you can set a listener on the blur event and change the value of the field.
    Best regards
    Tobias Uhlig

S-CIRCLES Social Network Engine

Answers
    Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Maybe this would help?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...828#post644523

It was intended to be used for currencies but you should be able to tweak the format to whatever you want.

Sencha Premium Member fl.borovsky's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    fl.borovsky is on a distinguished road

add to number field config:
    Code:
    valueToRaw: function (value)
    {
        return (value < 10 ? '0' : '') + value; // any string conversion
    }

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    mpost is on a distinguished road

That solution doesn't handle the general case of an arbitrary length number field that needs to preserve leading zeroes. Another way to think of this problem is you want to preserve the number of significant digits to the left of the decimal.