Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Andreas_S is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Control A Sprite

Answered: Control A Sprite

Hi,

i have some problems with controlling a Ext.draw.Sprite via the controller.
    At the moment i use the ".on" method to add eventlisteners to a sprite, but i'd like to control the sprite in my controller. Controlling the Ext.draw.Component is not a problem, it works fine.
    Code:
    this.control({
        'draw': {
            click: function(){console.log('it works');}
        }
    });
    But when i use the same Code with sprite it doesn't work. I also tried using the ID of the sprite, but that doesn't work either.
    Code:
    this.control({
        'sprite': {
            click: function(){console.log('it doesnt work');}
        }
    });
    I would be very happy if anyone could give me a hint for the solution of my problem.

best regards
    Andreas

2. this.control uses ComponentQuery which allows putting listener on any subclass of Ext.Component. Ext.draw.Sprite extends Ext.Base so it isn't a subclass of Ext.Component.

Easy way to tell if you can use ComponentQuery is look at the API docs and see if Ext.Component is in the hierarchy...

Attachment 29344
    Attachment 29345

See how Ext.draw.Component (the 2nd picture) is a subclass of Ext.Component and Ext.draw.Sprint is not?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

this.control uses ComponentQuery which allows putting listener on any subclass of Ext.Component. Ext.draw.Sprite extends Ext.Base so it isn't a subclass of Ext.Component.

Easy way to tell if you can use ComponentQuery is look at the API docs and see if Ext.Component is in the hierarchy...

Screen Shot 2011-11-16 at 3.05.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-16 at 3.05.45 PM.png

See how Ext.draw.Component (the 2nd picture) is a subclass of Ext.Component and Ext.draw.Sprint is not?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Andreas_S is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your helpful reply.

On the one hand it's bad that it doesn't work, but on the other hand it is good to know why it doesn't work.

best regards
    Andreas

Thread Participants: 1