Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Vote Rating
    daubman is on a distinguished road

Question [FIXED-DSGNR-954] format property for Number Column in Grid Panel requires comma

[FIXED-DSGNR-954] format property for Number Column in Grid Panel requires comma

Designer version tested:

• Designer 1.2.2 Build: 48
    Operating System:
    • Mac OS X 10.7.2
    Framework:
    • ext-4.0.7-gpl
    Description:
    • After adding a Number Column to a Grid Panel component I attempted to set the format property. The default for this is '0,000.00' which is displayed in Designer without the single-quotes as 0,000.00. I am specifying a latitude filed, and so do not want a comma, but merely want the format to be '0.00'. If I type 0.00 without the single quotes, as soon as the field loses focus Designer changes it to 0. If I type '0.00' in the format field, Designer keeps the field as-is, however, the actual format specified in the code becomes '\'0.00\'', which inserts unwanted single quotes around the formatted value. It appears Designer is treating the format field as an automatically determined numeric/string value when it should always be treated as a string value.
    Test Case:
    Specify 0.00 as the format property for a Number Column in a Grid Panel and then switch focus to a different property. You will see the format value changed to 0.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:

• Create a Grid Panel
    • Add a Number Column to the Grid Panel
    • Sent the format property on the Number Column to 0.00
    • Change focus to a different property
    • Observe that 0.00 is changed to 0
    The result that was expected:
    • format will remain as 0.00
    The result that occurs instead:
    • format is changed to 0
    Screenshot(s) or Video:
    • n/a
    Debugging already done:
    • none
    Possible fix:
    • do not try to automatically determine input type (appears this is seeing a numeric value equal to zero and so using zero, if quoted or if comma is inserted, this behavior does not occur

Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough

Default Comma issue

Comma issue

Same issue for me...
    I use Win7 and WinXP and this issue is present.

Seems like they should update the regex used to filter that data field...

Currently, it accepts only "0,000.00" or "0" ... Would be great if I could force it to pad the data with zeros... e.g) "000.000" But this value is not accepted.
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Thanks reporting this bug.

We are actively tracking it under DSGNR-954.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    lorezyra will become famous soon enough

@aconran:
    Can you update the thread title with "[OPEN]" ?
    This way everyone knows that it's a bug that is recognized?
    Perfection as a goal is a nice idea that can point one in a specific direction. However, since "perfection" is an ever changing (evolving?) and moving target, one must admit that perfection can never be obtained...

When in doubt, check the d4mn source code!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Updated, this will be fixed in the next build.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2