Hi guys,

I have a web service that (using some test settings) returns this JSON if you browse to it:
Code:
{"ErrorMessage":"You are not authorised","ResponseTime":"\/Date(1321447985287)\/","StatusCode":401,"Success":false}
I then try to read it from this code. The server is returning the values above, the load event is being fired, but I don't know how to make any sense of the values (I've called them Field1 to Field4 because I can't even determine which is which!).

I want the alert to read the values, eg "response message: You are not authorised, 17/11/2011 09:25:00, 401, false ".

I thought I'd be able to just use the alert below, or use Field1.getValue(), or Field1.getString(), or new string(Field1), or JSON.Parse(Field1) or SOMETHING. All I get is [object Object]. How do I access the object's data??

if I try
Code:
alert('response message:' + Ext.StoreMgr.get("declineResult").getAt(0).ErrorMessage);
I get

Ext.StoreMgr.get("declineResult").getAt(0)' [undefined] is not an object.

Code:
var declineResult =  new Ext.regStore('declineResult', 
{
    model: 'BaseResponse',
        proxy : {
        type : 'ajax',
        dataType: "json",
        url :  App.BaseURL + '/SetJobResponse/' + options.jobId + '/' + STCID +'/1/' + device.uuid,
        reader: new Ext.data.JsonReader ({
           type: 'json'
            })
    },
        listeners: 
        {
            load: function(Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4)
                {
                    alert('response message:' + Field1 + ',' + Field2 + ',' + Field3 + ',' + Field4);                    
                }
        }
});

Ext.StoreMgr.get("declineResult").load();
EDIT: this thread says that my load event definition should be just function():

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?112169-Event-on-Store-to-trigger-after-data-is-fully-loaded

Yet squillions of other threads say it's function(store,records,options). Which is it?

I can't find anything about it in the 2.0 docs or the 1.1 docs. There was something in the ExtJS docs, but apparently I'm not supposed to mix extjs and sencha code. Whenever I try to find basic API information and which method/property/event to use, I end up getting pushed to glossy irrelevant screencasts.

The reputation of this thing is well deserved. The learning curve is like being placed at the controls of a 747 in flight and being handed the instructions to a 767 model kit.