Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pablocullen is on a distinguished road

Default HTML Rendering Slow

HTML Rendering Slow

Hi There

Im just wondering if anyone can help, we have a small application that has some HTML pages, from a json store.

The layout of the app is standard a container panel, a left panel holding the menu, a right panel for the html content, and a controller.

We have determined that the length (with or without images) of the html on a panel has serious performance implications, some of the pages take 3 - 4 seconds on an ipad 1 to render.

We have cut down the html to a few lines, this greatly speeds up the rendering, but im just wondering how this could happen within a webkit browser?

FYI these are not enormous pages of HTML, maybe 500 words, with 3 images at the most, nothing hugely complex.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, we have tried everything we can think of so are looking for some valued external input.

Regards

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It's not really WebKit specific... DOM is always going to be the slowest thing you can deal with. The more read/writes to the DOM, the slower. The more elements in the DOM, the slower.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pablocullen is on a distinguished road

Right, i agree with you there entirely, we have stripped it down to the most basic layout we can use however there isnt much improvement.

We are adding timing code to the sencha library to find out where the bottleneck is and i will report back with our results. It may just point out where we are going wrong.

P

Thread Participants: 1