Vote Rating
    edykstra is on a distinguished road

Default Can't remove the BogusMenuModule from the Web Desktop or add the Extensible calendar.

Can't remove the BogusMenuModule from the Web Desktop or add the Extensible calendar.

Hello,

We are using the ExtJS Web Desktop but I don't think we are going to need multi-level menus in the 'Start Menu' that are shown with the BogusModule and BogusMenuModule.

However, when we remove them, all sorts of strange things start happening; padding added to all GRIDs, backspace stops working in textfields etc. Further clicking on the Start Menu or expanding the list on the Task Bar cause this error to be reported in the console.

Uncaught TypeError: Property 'focusable' of object #<Object> is not a function

I suspect that this is because there are many defines in that section that are used elsewhere, and not just for the
    BogusModule and BogusMenuModule.

Of course, the obvious solution is to leave those code sections there and just not use them, but there seems to be a conflict with the calendar from Ext.ensible.com.

If we leave the
    BogusModule and BogusMenuModule there, then when we attempt to use the Extensible calendar, we get the following error.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined.

We have traced that error down to the following code segment in desktop.js.

Code:
    Ext.define("Ext.data.reader.Reader", 
        getFields: function () {
           return this.model.prototype.fields.items
        },

The problem is, that when using the Extensible calendar, this.model is undefined.

What is it that the Extensible calendar doesn't have that the Web Desktop code expects?

Thanks,

Eric

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Are you using a model with the store?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.