Ok I am facing another dilemma with my web application that might not even be solvable like that.

Basically what I am using a grid that can have entries for categories. The grid is grouped by categories always and can not be ungrouped.
In the group header I have an add button that leads to a creation dialog of an item for that category.

All of that works fine the problem is that I need to display all of these categories at all times even if there is no actual record in the grid yet because the user has to be able to see the header, see there is nothing grouped there so no record exists and use the add button to create one of those records.

What I do is I create one fake entry with just the category to get the group header for that category. My problem is now that I somehow need to hide the row and remove the expand/collapse functionality from all those group headers that do not include a valid record.

Right now I can't figure out any way to do this. I am 90% to where I want to get with the widget but it seems like I need to solve this with maybe a VBox Layout and for each category its own collapsible Grid?

This is my current look. In this example there are just fake entries but there could be valid entries too. My goal is that the groups with fake entries are collapsed automatically and can not be expanded while the groups that contain valid entries should be as it is now.
eg.PNG