View Poll Results: Any interest in an upgrade of Ext.nd that was based on ExtJS 4.x?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 97.14%
  • No

1 2.86%
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    domino6 is on a distinguished road

I'd be happy to give you some free space on one of our servers if you want!

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by domino6 View Post
    I'd be happy to give you some free space on one of our servers if you want!
    Thanks for the offer domino6. I'm still hoping that my experience with DDN has been a fluke and that I'll be up and working soon. But if not, I'll be in touch.
    Jack Ratcliff
    Sencha Inc, Green bleeding Senchan

How to report a bug:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...o-report-a-bug

Sencha - Services Team
    Vote Rating
    jratcliff is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wilson View Post
    Hi Jack,

Glad to see you back, even if I tell a lot of bad things about ext.nd when you are not here.

And don't forget : if you don't have time for a complete ext.nd product, a complete working "view" component will do a lot

As far hosting is concerned, it depends if you're searching something free or not.
    For free hosting, I don't have any advices...

For paid hosting, I've encountered that it's often cheaper to rent your own dedicated server than to use "domino packaged hosting".

We can find very cheap servers on the market now. Mine was 14.99€/month with 2Go of RAM + 1To of disk + 100Mo of backup (I use this provider : http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/ which is a sub-company of one of the biggest european hoster : OVH)

The main advantage is that if you required more CPU, more RAM or more Disk, you press a button, give your credit card number, and that's it :-) It's more flexible that traditional mutualized hosting.

Of course, this is my point of view only...
    Hi Bob, thanks for the advice. I probably should look into this as an option. I like DDN because it is pretty cheap but their customer service hasn't been good for me. Maybe if I just had my own server I could install Domino myself and manage things that way. I wonder how much domino costs to license

Oh and as for saying bad things about ext.nd...don't worry about it. Rich and I have deserved it. We had big plans in 2009 and we let you all down. We have even debated whether or not the domino community would even care about Ext.nd now that they have xpages and dojo. We felt that we missed the boat on our offering. But, we have decided to try again. So stay tuned for hopefully some good anouncements
    Jack Ratcliff
    Sencha Inc, Green bleeding Senchan

How to report a bug:
    http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...o-report-a-bug

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bob Wilson is on a distinguished road

Default Teasing !

Teasing !

But, we have decided to try again. So stay tuned for hopefully some good anouncements

Hey, we don't believe you !

... but if something happens, I'll invite you for a hot coffee here in... Reunion Island

http://maps.google.fr/maps?q=Reuni%C...3%A9union&z=11

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sean Bannister is on a distinguished road

the number of replies/votes to this thread has nothing to do with the extent to which ext.nd is being used. for people to reply/vote they would have to know about it or come across it by accident like I did.

I am sure there are many people out there using the product and not knowing that this is here.

ext.nd is fatastic! I would love to be using an updated version of it.

Jack, please do the update. It would be greatly appreciated!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about ingo.hefti has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by jratcliff View Post
    But, we have decided to try again. So stay tuned for hopefully some good anouncements
    Any announcements on the way?