Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-985 in a recent build.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bigfish is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Ext Designer broken on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

Ext Designer broken on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

Just tried installing Designer on my Ubuntu 10.04, 64 bit desktop. The desktop shortcut did no work, and so tried running from the command line. Got this error:

./ExtDesigner
    mv: cannot stat `/home/david/.config/Trolltech.conf': No such file or directory
    Loading libion: /home/david/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 1.2/libion-1.2.0.so
    Segmentation fault

When I tried the .bin file, got this...

david@david-wilhelm:~/ExtDesigner-1.2.2-48$ ./ExtDesigner.bin
    Loading libion: /home/david/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 1.2/libion-1.2.0.so
    Unable to load Sencha Designer application -- Missing libion.

Any ideas on how to get it working?

Thanks,
    Dave

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Grrr right now we don't support 10.04 64-bit. We do support 11.04 which may or may not help you! I wish we had a build engineer so we could get support for all distros. At some point we'll need one. You of course can also run a virtual machine running say 11.04 or 11.10 of Ubuntu.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ptevans is on a distinguished road

I had the same issue running the .bin file on Ubuntu 11.10 and the segfault on the other file (though that was not identical, probably because I already had some of the QT libraries installed). For me the fix was simple:

sudo apt-get install libqtwebkit4

Again, I'm running 11.10, so your mileage may vary.

-Patrick

Thread Participants: 2