Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pete_by is on a distinguished road

Exclamation [CLOSED] Tree: cannot add leaf as a child of leaf node via drag drop: node disappers

[CLOSED] Tree: cannot add leaf as a child of leaf node via drag drop: node disappers

Though it is possible to drag-and-drop leaf node of a tree to another non-leaf node, drag-and-dropping leaf node to another leaf node makes the dragged one disappear after dropping it. The problem is that initially all the leaf nodes have TreeNode#isChildrenRendered property turned off (false). When the leaf is dropped to another leaf node this property does not changes. Thus the implementation of Tree.onAdd works incorrectly:

Code:
    protected void onAdd(StoreAddEvent<M> event) {
    if (isOrWasAttached()) {
        // event.getItems().get(0) is a dropped leaf-node
        // parent is a target leaf-node
            M parent = store.getParent(event.getItems().get(0));
            TreeNode<M> pn = findNode(parent);
            if (parent == null || (pn != null && pn.isChildrenRendered())) { 
            // we'll never get here because pn.isChildrenRendered() == false
           // rendering the children nodes
        }
    }

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Thanks for the report - we're looking into it.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Alworth View Post
    Thanks for the report - we're looking into it.
    I'm not quite sure that the isChildrenRendered property is the only reason for this issue, as far as I tried to change it in debugger to true, but that did not produce any effect so far. The internal logic of the widget is a bit sophisticated to me from the first view, but I expect to have time to get into soon.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Looks like the problem in store and my data model syncronisation during nodes moving. In Tree.onAdd method:

int parentChildCount = parent == null ? store.getRootCount() : store.getChildCount(parent);

parentChildCount= 1 after dropping one leaf node on another but parent.getChildren() is still empty but should be instead contain node that passed in event.getItems(). Looks I have to look close to the TreeStore and how it use properly.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Looks like the bug submission is irrelevant, my error was not keeping my own tree model in sync with TreeStore model.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team
    Vote Rating
    Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice Colin Alworth is just really nice

Thanks for the update, and for all of the other testing you've done. Let us know if another bug shows itself - we'll hopefully get those other tree bugs closed out this week.

Thread Participants: 1